Saving a report to a file not working?

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Staudt

Saving a report to a file not working?

Post by John Staudt »

This evening, while trying to save a report to a file (Word, Excel, or Acrobat), I received the message that the file was being transferred to the local workstation; following that, nothing else happened. (Typically, I would have next received the pop-up box to choose the save location and filename.)

When I last tried saving a report to a file on November 17, I had no problem.

Was a problem introduced with the implementation of the new server software this past week?

Thank you,

John Staudt
-- John Staudt

NeilZ

Re: Saving a report to a file not working?

Post by NeilZ »

John Staudt wrote:This evening, while trying to save a report to a file (Word, Excel, or Acrobat), I received the message that the file was being transferred to the local workstation; following that, nothing else happened. (Typically, I would have next received the pop-up box to choose the save location and filename.)

When I last tried saving a report to a file on November 17, I had no problem.

Was a problem introduced with the implementation of the new server software this past week?

Thank you,

John Staudt
The techs won't be back until Monday, but this previous thread may give you some ideas as to why this is occurring: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4159
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

John Staudt

Post by John Staudt »

Hi Neil,

I thought I might need to wait until Monday. Is it working for you?

I tried the complete removal of the IDS client, followed by reinstallation, etc., and it's the same as before – never bringing up the file save window for choosing the file name/location.

I did a more thorough search for PCreport files on my hard drive, and found out it was saving a copy in my local temp directory (e.g., the last PDF file was saved as PCREPORT.PDF.idsOptOpen(3).ids). Unfortunately it doesn't do anything else after that. Now that I know where they're being put, I can of course rename and move the output files, but it would appear to be a new bug.

Thanks,
-- John Staudt

dgunther1

Post by dgunther1 »

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem as John described. I'm a new PowerChurch Online user, so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or didn't have something set up correctly. I downloaded the newest IDS yesterday and installed it. I still am not able to save reports to disk though. It says it is saveing to the local workstation, but I get nothing. I searched the whole hard drive, and couldn't find any files.

What am I doing wrong?

Darryl

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Evidently there are some program files missing. The details are in the last post of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5537
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Otto

Post by Otto »

Does anyone know if anything is being done to correct this obvious program error. Saving worked perfect before the "New update" on my computer. I am sure the tech people would not appreciate all individual calls if we know they are working on the problem. Reinstalling the IDS does not fix it.

Otto Kiehn.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Otto wrote:Does anyone know if anything is being done to correct this obvious program error. Saving worked perfect before the "New update" on my computer. I am sure the tech people would not appreciate all individual calls if we know they are working on the problem. Reinstalling the IDS does not fix it.

Otto Kiehn.
This is an error with the IDS software installation routine, and the Powerchurch team has notified that company about it. However, there is a fix as listed in the previously mentioned thread.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Otto

Post by Otto »

I got the file saving fixed. I found the redirect file downloaded in my Documents and expanded it. I then copied and pasted the expanded file (idsRCli.exe) to the IDS folder where it was missing and all is working fine now. Hope I did things correctly.

Otto Kiehn.

Otto

Post by Otto »

Sorry, posted too fast. It is the idsRdCli.exe file that did it.

Otto Kiehn.