IDS Failed to Connect on Port #491

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Bart57266

IDS Failed to Connect on Port #491

Post by Bart57266 »

We are getting the following error message after launching the IDS client and clicking the "connect" button in the Connection dialog box. The name and password dialog box never appears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IDS Message
Failed to connect to "apps.mypowerchurch.com" on port #491.
Please contact your system administrator.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It happens on two different PCs and a Mac, all of which have been successfully connecting for months. No recent changes to any of these machines, and they are all in different physical locations (personal homes) so it isn't a router port issue.

Does anyone have suggestions for us? We're trying to get payroll completed before Sunday, and the contributions module is needed during service.

Thank you,
Bart

John Staudt

Re: IDS Failed to Connect on Port #491

Post by John Staudt »

I also just e-mailed and left a phone message. It appears their server is down.
-- John Staudt

joshvv

Post by joshvv »

I am having the same problem on two computers. I have submitted an email on the PowerChurch support page.

agugliotta

Post by agugliotta »

I am having the same problem & at least I am happy that I am not in the boat alone. I too am trying to get out end of month reports by the end of the weekend - this is most inconvenient. However, I also have no solution to the problem. I sent an e-mail to tech support. Maybe they are there on the weekends & can start solving the problem.

wesleychapelumc

Post by wesleychapelumc »

I'm in the same "boat". It just started this morning because I was able to log in Friday night.

tpeacock

Post by tpeacock »

I can not get on to PowerChurch online either. I need to process our pastor's paycheck and run end of the month reports. I sent an email to tech support and tried to call them but no answer. Hopefully someone monitors their server on the weekend so it can get back up & running this afternoon.

lifeillinois

Post by lifeillinois »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. We are new users and I thought I had just downloaded something incorrectly. Such a negative experience since I was hoping to actually get into the software for the first time today.

debbieg

Post by debbieg »

Whew!! thought i had messed up something on my machine. I'm getting the same error. Was on yesterday but didn't finish writing expense checks that I need to take to church tomorrow. I hope somebody out there hears us.
Debbie

joshvv

Post by joshvv »

We are new to PowerChurch Online and still in the trial period. Has this happened before? i.e. not being able to access the software for a whole day?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fhorst wrote:We are new to PowerChurch Online and still in the trial period. Has this happened before? i.e. not being able to access the software for a whole day?
This is not normal. I'm not sure where their servers are located, but they may be having weather related troubles.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Bart57266

Post by Bart57266 »

fhorst wrote:We are new to PowerChurch Online and still in the trial period. Has this happened before? i.e. not being able to access the software for a whole day?
We have been using the online version for almost a year now, and this hasn't happened during that time (that we're aware of).

I used the Contact Us link to submit a Wish List request: Have a tech person on call every weekend so they can fix major failures like this. Not phone support, just a person who can get it back up and running if necessary.

If you all make similar suggestions, and they hear what a problem this is causing, it just may help.

Bart

areeves

Post by areeves »

We are also receiving this same message on two different computers. I think Powerchurch is having server problems and/or maintenance if I had to guess. I feel that the problem is on their end since multiple users are having this issue. We do alot of work from home and on weekends - that is why we went with Powerchurch online. I hope this is not a reoccurring issue.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

areeves wrote:We are also receiving this same message on two different computers. I think Powerchurch is having server problems and/or maintenance if I had to guess. I feel that the problem is on their end since multiple users are having this issue. We do alot of work from home and on weekends - that is why we went with Powerchurch online. I hope this is not a reoccurring issue.
As mentioned ... this is not normal. If it were maintenance, I'm sure that there would have been some sort of notice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pcu55408

Post by pcu55408 »

Thanks for posting this. Will stop trying to figure it out on my own. Guess I won't be presenting numbers in the meeting after church tomorrow. Bummer.
Jennifer
Micah's Porch

Bart57266

Post by Bart57266 »

Looks like it is still down this morning. I would hate to think nobody ever monitors this on weekends, when churches need it most.

Bart