Unspecified Contribution Type

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

joshvv

Unspecified Contribution Type

Post by joshvv »

Our counting committee does not track if a contribution is a cheque or cash so I created a "unspecified" category for "contribution type". Now I appear to have a problem that the "unspecified" type contributions are not showing up on the "unposted" contribution reports (i.e. unposted contribution, deposit slip etc.) Is this possible? How should I handle this situation.

NeilZ

Re: Unspecified Contribution Type

Post by NeilZ »

fhorst wrote:Our counting committee does not track if a contribution is a cheque or cash so I created a "unspecified" category for "contribution type". Now I appear to have a problem that the "unspecified" type contributions are not showing up on the "unposted" contribution reports (i.e. unposted contribution, deposit slip etc.) Is this possible? How should I handle this situation.
It is very possible that it won't show up on the Bank Deposit slip. The system is expecting cash or check for a deposit, so it will only list those on a deposit slip. It will filter out anything else, such as online or credit card (and in your case, unspecified), from the report.

I just tested this setup here, and this type of Unspecified does appear up on the Unposted Contributions report. Why it is not showing up there is unusual, are you sure they are selected that when they start up contributions??

That said, your counters by not entering cash or checks as cash or checks are missing out on a great time saver. The system will, as you probably know, total all the cash, and list all the checks by name on the Deposit Slip. This allows for a very quick double check of the data entry as you have the check in hand, and the amount entered right in front of you.

Then having the totals of cash and checks do make entering that data on a bank deposit slip much easier.

Note to the Moderators: Since this isn't a PC Online specific issue, could you move this to the Contributions forum where it is more suited??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.