Triplicate Google Cal entries

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

uucwadmin

Triplicate Google Cal entries

Post by uucwadmin »

Having a serious sync problem with Google Calendar here - All of a sudden I have double and triple entries on Google Calendar - obviously the sync process, instead of just adding new PC+ entries and deleting ones I deleted in PC+, it's treating every entry as a new entry. HELP! I really do not want to have to go through Google Calendar deleting all these extra entries by hand if I do not have to!
Jennifer Landry, Office Administrator
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
90 Holden Street
Worcester, MA 01606

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Triplicate Google Cal entries

Post by Zorak »

Have you installed the latest Maintenance Release for V11? There was a recent change to try and eliminate the possibility of duplicate events on the calendar.

In the meantime, you can remove all events from the Google calendar and run the sync again by going to File > Preferences > Events Setup. Click on the Google Calendar tab. Click the Remove synced events from Google Calendar button.

uucwadmin

Post by uucwadmin »

I'm running version 11.1 of PowerChurch + Online, and the "Download Maintenance Release" option under help is grayed out, so I am assuming that there isn't a newer release out. I did as you suggested and it did eliminate most entries since we started using PC + Online. I did have to eliminate a few by hand. Resyncing placed all of the items back where they belonged, and I did it twice just to check for duplicates, so far so good. Perhaps a short glitch on Google's part? At least for the moment, it seems to be fixed. If it does it again, I'll let you know.
90 Holden Street
Worcester, MA 01606

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the PC Online forum. That has been updated to the most recent MR.

The fact that clicking the remove button didn't remove some of them indicates there were some that were entered directly on the Google Calendar. Events that didn't come from PowerChurch Plus will not be removed when you click the button to remove all entries. Also, the sync from PowerChurch won't recognize an existing Google Calendar item (that didn't originally come from PowerChurch) and will duplicate it if you have entered the event in both places (Google and PowerChurch separately).

uucwadmin

Post by uucwadmin »

Just FYI, this has happened again. I've noted this time that the events which have been duplicated are all recurring events, one-time events are fine. By using the same steps described above, the duplicate entries are eliminated.
90 Holden Street
Worcester, MA 01606

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

uucwadmin wrote:Just FYI, this has happened again. I've noted this time that the events which have been duplicated are all recurring events, one-time events are fine. By using the same steps described above, the duplicate entries are eliminated.
Speaking as a user, I would check to make sure that no one else is entering recurring events directly via Google calendar. The reason I say this is that if this was a wide spread issue, we'd see more comments in the forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.