PowerChurch Online Mobile Access - Beta Testing

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

PowerChurch Online Mobile Access - Beta Testing

Post by Zorak »

By popular demand, we will soon be rolling out web access to PowerChurch Online users. This will be available at no additional charge, just an added feature of PowerChurch Online. Just like the Check In kiosks, users connected to PowerChurch Mobile will not count against your concurrent IDS Client log ins.

The servers have all been updated and it is now up and running. It is required that you have user names and passwords set up in PowerChurch Plus, even if you don't have password protection enabled. You can set up users under File > Preferences > Passwords. Click the User Profiles button.

We have been internally testing this for the last few weeks and think we have most of the kinks worked out. Please go through it and let us know here if you have any problems with it. The feature set is pretty much locked down, so while we always appreciate feedback and suggestions, there will not be additional functionality added to this any time soon. We have done what we can feasibly do.

You have access to Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities & Skills, and Visitations data. You can add new Visitations records, and name and contact information in Families & Profiles can be modified. There is not a way to add new membership data other than Visitations. There is no delete access through the mobile site.

So, take a look in a web browser or on your mobile devices and see how it works for you. You will be prompted for the Online Access Username (pcuXXXXX), then your personal PowerChurch Plus user name and Password to gain access. Your individual user permissions should be respected in the mobile access, so if you log in as someone who does not have "access" permissions to Activities & Skills or Visitations, you shouldn't be able to see that information. If you have "access", but not "add/change" permissions, then you should not be able to edit information.

http://m.mypowerchurch.com

The PowerChurch Online demos have also been updated with access to the mobile data for beta testing. The login information to access the demo data are:

Online Access Username, PowerChurch Username, Password:
demo1, demo1, demo
demo2, demo2, demo
demo3, demo3, demo

Please post any questions or problems here, instead of contacting Technical Support. As always, if you are reporting an error or bad behavior in the program, please be specific and tell us specifically what steps you went through to create the problem.

Thanks!

garygaryj

Re: PowerChurch Online Mobile Access - Beta Testing

Post by garygaryj »

It's great functionality for starters, and great that it doesn't count against concurrent logins thru IDS (which is fairly small number, in my opinion, but this does nicely to fill a gap.)

It would be nice if there were adjustments in the permissions screens for administrator to specifically indicate that someone should have this kind of access, and indeed, to indicate someone who specifically should NOT have IDS access... I guess that is more my concern.

It would also be nice if the permissions also gave the ability to allow a mobile app user to be able to "Read-Only" or to be able to adjust the kinds of fields you indicated.

Thanks for making this available.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have people that you want to have mobile only access to PowerChurch, don't give them the IDS password. They will need the PCU????? number and their PowerChurch User name and password. This will give them mobile access, but they will not be able to login to the IDS client.

The mobile access should be respecting the rights assigned to a user in PowerChurch. If a person does not have change rights in PowerChurch, they should not be able to update any information even with mobile access.

pcu59139

Post by pcu59139 »

I cannot access the mobile area. What am I doing wrong. I used the pcu##### and it keeps asking for my Online access username. What's that?

Van

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I am making an assumption here that you are not using PowerChurch Online. Because if you were you would know what your online access username was. If you are using PowerChurch Online and do not know your access username you need to contact your administrator to get it. This process is not for accessing a local copy of PowerChurch only the online version.
Tom

nbccji

Post by nbccji »

I entered the pcu#####, system admin and password but i cannot log in and have tried several thousand variations, all caps, no caps, etc., is it possible i'm locked out? Thanks, katie :cry:
Thank you for taking the time to help, Katie

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

nbcc849 wrote:I entered the pcu#####, system admin and password but i cannot log in and have tried several thousand variations, all caps, no caps, etc., is it possible i'm locked out? Thanks, katie :cry:
The beta testing is over ... if you are a user of Powerchurch Online, you should contact the Powerchurch support office directly, as they cannot give userids, passwords, etc on the forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

nbccji

Post by nbccji »

ok thank you
Thank you for taking the time to help, Katie