Backing Up Data

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

karen

Backing Up Data

Post by karen »

I'm a little confused by what I've read regarding backing up PC+ Online. In previous versions I was backing up to a 16gb flashdrive. But now it looks like it MUST be backed up to a CD. Is that right? I can't find my flashdrive on the choices given in the appropriate part of the Utility drop down menu. Thank you :)

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Backing Up Data

Post by Zorak »

It's actually the opposite. You have the ability to backup to a CD/DVD in PowerChurch Plus, but NOT in PowerChurch Online, so you would be forced to backup to a local folder on your computer, or directly to your flash drive.

karen

Post by karen »

I got a message that said something to the effect that "it wasn't recommended that I back up to my computer" . And it also gives me an option for (N:) Client D which says to "insert a CD into drive N". The drop-down menu doesn't show my flash drive at all.

karen

Post by karen »

Strangely enough, I went through the process again, and this time everything went as it should. Although the CD drive still appears - maybe that's a "windows" thing and not a real PC+ option. Thanks again.