Online Version - Problems Saving to MS Word

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

karen

Online Version - Problems Saving to MS Word

Post by karen »

I'm having a strange thing happen. I did the download patch fix for saving documents on a 64bit computer months ago when we upgraded to PC+ online. Then I was able to print PDF reports to Adobe without problem. Today i'm trying to print to MS Word (Office 2010) and cannot do it. I keep getting a pop-up window with the following error message:
This error occurs when you open a Microsoft Office file type blocked by File Block settings in the Trust Center. To enable this file type, do the following:
Click the File tab.
Under Help, click Options.
Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
In the Trust Center, click File Block Settings.
To save documents with this file type, disable the registry policy setting. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922850.

Well, I've done all the changes recommended in MS Word but am still unable to pull up a PC+ document in it. What am I missing? Should the patch fix cover all methods of saving documents?

NeilZ

Re: Online Version - Problems Saving to MS Word

Post by NeilZ »

karen wrote:I'm having a strange thing happen. I did the download patch fix for saving documents on a 64bit computer months ago when we upgraded to PC+ online. Then I was able to print PDF reports to Adobe without problem. Today i'm trying to print to MS Word (Office 2010) and cannot do it. I keep getting a pop-up window with the following error message:
This error occurs when you open a Microsoft Office file type blocked by File Block settings in the Trust Center. To enable this file type, do the following:
Click the File tab.
Under Help, click Options.
Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
In the Trust Center, click File Block Settings.
To save documents with this file type, disable the registry policy setting. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922850.

Well, I've done all the changes recommended in MS Word but am still unable to pull up a PC+ document in it. What am I missing? Should the patch fix cover all methods of saving documents?
This is a Microsoft issue. The patch under that MS Knowledge Base article should update the registry to allow MS 97-2003 documents. I'm assuming that you're trying to save a PCPlus report you saved as a MS Word document then downloaded.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.