Login Fails?

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jmwendt

Login Fails?

Post by jmwendt »

I enter my user name and password. Response says "Applying group policy; Changing access rights; Running the global logon script...", then the box disappears.

Password matches user name: if I enter the wrong password it tells me they don't match.

This has always worked in the past. What if anything is going on?

Thanks,

John Wendt
John M. Wendt
Treasurer
All Souls Unitarian Church, Indianapolis

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Login Fails?

Post by Zaphod »

If your username and password were failing, yes, you wouldn't get as far as you have. When you're entering your username and password, the name of the server you are connecting to is displayed at the top of the login screen (ids-pc-1, pc-online-1, etc). If you can try this again, and record that server name, that'll tell us a lot. At the very least, I can check the server logs to see if there's an error message. The log may only say "client disconnected, session stopped," though.

I just double checked all the PowerChurch Online servers, and everything is running as expected, and there are several people connected to each server. I have tried connecting using the old and the new IDS client, and I'm not able to recreate this issue. Are you on Windows or Mac? If Windows, are you using the old or the new client? If you're using the old one, try downloading and running the new one available at http://www.mypowerchurch.com. If you're using the new one, and this is the first time you're running it, make sure any antivirus or internet security software you may have running isn't causing a problem. You can also try reinstalling the client software to see if that makes any difference.

If none of those things work, you may want to call and speak with a technician who can walk you through further troubleshooting steps. We're available Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm Eastern at (800) 486-1800.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

jmwendt

Post by jmwendt »

Thanks, Zaphod. Fixed. Happened only with the new client, still had a link to the old one, which worked.

Reinstalled the new client, security blocked it, told security to allow, all is copacetic.
John M. Wendt
Treasurer
All Souls Unitarian Church, Indianapolis

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Great! I was hoping a reinstall might trip the blocking mechanism.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/