Getting PICS in faster

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

chucksings

Getting PICS in faster

Post by chucksings »

I do not see an option for Drag and Drop and I do not have them on any kind of CD or DVD.

We take PICS with a digital camera and hope to place them in member profiles.

However ----- it takes FOREVER to get a PIC in. I estimate about 3 to for minutes a person. And at that rate it would take us a week of full time data input to get the PICS in.

Is there some way to speed up this process? And why doesn't drag and drop work?

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Getting PICS in faster

Post by NeilZ »

chucksings wrote:I do not see an option for Drag and Drop and I do not have them on any kind of CD or DVD.

We take PICS with a digital camera and hope to place them in member profiles.

However ----- it takes FOREVER to get a PIC in. I estimate about 3 to for minutes a person. And at that rate it would take us a week of full time data input to get the PICS in.

Is there some way to speed up this process? And why doesn't drag and drop work?

Thanks
Which version of Powerchurch are you using ?? Version 11.5 has a drag & drop capability ..
When importing pictures into Personal Profiles, you have the option of copying the family picture and cropping it down to show just the individual. For more details, refer to the Picture tab on the Maintain Personal Profiles screen.

To import an image file using drag and drop:

1. Navigate to a screen that displays a picture, such as the Picture tab on the Maintain Family Mailing List screen.
2. Outside of PowerChurch Plus, use My Computer or Windows Explorer to browse to a folder that contains pictures.
3. Find the picture that you would like to import, then click and drag it onto the PowerChurch Plus screen.
Also, check to see what you have the camera resolution set for. Many cameras will default to the large or highest resolution picture. These pictures usually are quite large 2 or 3 megs in size, which may be why its taking a long time to import.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch Online doesn't have drag and drop because of the remote connection.

It sounds like the pictures coming out of your camera are probably huge, or the internet connection there is not terribly fast. In any case, PowerChurch is importing the pictures at full size then resizing them down to 800x600, so you might consider resizing the pictures before importing them. If it is a modern camera, you are probably importing a file that is 20x bigger than what will end up being saved on the server, so all that time is wasted uploading a huge image file directly from the camera.

chucksings

Post by chucksings »

Will try and thanks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:PowerChurch Online doesn't have drag and drop because of the remote connection.
Ah ... good to know ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.