Unstable IDS Client

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Otto

Unstable IDS Client

Post by Otto »

I downloaded and installed the new IDS client today and all went well with the new setup, however after 2 openings of PowerChurch the window "An update has been downloaded and will be available on next time you run IDS" and that is the death knell. Whether I use the Desk Icon or go to the file ids.exe I can no longer connect and get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device , path or file" I can not use the downloaded program to "Repair" but must use "Remove" (uninstall) and then re-install the IDS program. It then works till that "Update" window re-appears and it shuts down the connect again and I must re-install. I have tried this several times both with my AVG security active and totally disabled, same result.
Running Windows 7 Pro full updated.
The old IDS is still working but I like the new setup.
Any suggestions please?

NeilZ

Re: Unstable IDS Client

Post by NeilZ »

Otto wrote:I downloaded and installed the new IDS client today and all went well with the new setup, however after 2 openings of PowerChurch the window "An update has been downloaded and will be available on next time you run IDS" and that is the death knell. Whether I use the Desk Icon or go to the file ids.exe I can no longer connect and get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device , path or file" I can not use the downloaded program to "Repair" but must use "Remove" (uninstall) and then re-install the IDS program. It then works till that "Update" window re-appears and it shuts down the connect again and I must re-install. I have tried this several times both with my AVG security active and totally disabled, same result.
Running Windows 7 Pro full updated.
The old IDS is still working but I like the new setup.
Any suggestions please?
Unfortunately, you may not get an answer until Monday ... my advice is to call Powerchurch support directly, and let them know you're having a problem with the new IDS client after its auto-update.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.