PIC Implementation in Powerchurch

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

chucksings

PIC Implementation in Powerchurch

Post by chucksings »

I feel that the importing of PICS into profiles is one of the weakest points in PC. Yes file size is an issue and one needs to be careful to reduce the size down for import. But even then getting a small PIC into a profile takes a miracle. Getting to the file location is very --- extremely --- slow and even when you finally point to the file, the program often locks up. I estimate it would take our church several weeks of full time around the clock data input to get PICS in for 200 members.

That is not a feature. I consider that broken.

Venting

NeilZ

Re: PIC Implementation in Powerchurch

Post by NeilZ »

chucksings wrote:I feel that the importing of PICS into profiles is one of the weakest points in PC. Yes file size is an issue and one needs to be careful to reduce the size down for import. But even then getting a small PIC into a profile takes a miracle. Getting to the file location is very --- extremely --- slow and even when you finally point to the file, the program often locks up. I estimate it would take our church several weeks of full time around the clock data input to get PICS in for 200 members.

That is not a feature. I consider that broken.

Venting
Are you using online or regular Powerchurch ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

chucksings

Post by chucksings »

Online.

Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

chucksings wrote:Online.

Thanks
That's part of the problem, with regular Powerchurch the upload is very fast. However, you're uploading a picture to a server, and upload speeds are usually slower than download speeds.

The rate of upload in PC Online is a factor of two things:

1. Size of the picture. I've seen many pics taken by digital cameras come in at 2 to 3 megs (or higher)
2. Your cable or phone provider's upload speed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

chucksings

Post by chucksings »

I do not think this is a workable feature of Powerchurch Online. Reports for example "Class Pictorial Directory" or Church Directory (with Pictures) for all practical purposes does not work. The reports give the impression that one should be able to print such. But in reality you cannot if your class or group is larger than X. I believe PC should let their users know this up front. "This feature works but keep in mind the obstacles before you if you have a large church directory."

To complicate this matter (for us) --- we decided to give OneBody a try since it also touts a printed directory feature with pics. The problem is that while OneBody does allow easy upload of PICS, the Directory the feature is actually broken and never delivers the promised PDF even though it says, "Be patient the directory will be in your inbox in the next few minutes."

In short with Powerchurch and with OneBody there is no way for us to print a church directory. We will have to spend additional monies with other software for us to have that output.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

chucksings wrote:I do not think this is a workable feature of Powerchurch Online. Reports for example "Class Pictorial Directory" or Church Directory (with Pictures) for all practical purposes does not work. The reports give the impression that one should be able to print such. But in reality you cannot if your class or group is larger than X. I believe PC should let their users know this up front. "This feature works but keep in mind the obstacles before you if you have a large church directory."

To complicate this matter (for us) --- we decided to give OneBody a try since it also touts a printed directory feature with pics. The problem is that while OneBody does allow easy upload of PICS, the Directory the feature is actually broken and never delivers the promised PDF even though it says, "Be patient the directory will be in your inbox in the next few minutes."

In short with Powerchurch and with OneBody there is no way for us to print a church directory. We will have to spend additional monies with other software for us to have that output.
I would call Powerchurch directly with this, as they may have some additional questions on what you're seeing.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.