Check in server not connecting to database on NAS

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

knaptihuved

Check in server not connecting to database on NAS

Post by knaptihuved »

So, I would like to migrate our PowerChurch install to an NAS. everything seemed fine until I tried to get Check In to work. The Server seems to start up fine but I get the following error message when launching the Kiosk.

"The connection to the server responeded with:
There was a problem accessing the PowerChurch data."

I've looked throught the forums and the knowledge base but couldn't find anything on how to get the Check In system to work with PowerChurch installed on an NAS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Check in server not connecting to database on NAS

Post by Zorak »

The Check In Server is actually a Windows Service that runs automatically, so you will need to still have that installed and running on a Windows machine.

You can access the server setup from under the Start menu > PowerChurch Plus > PowerChurch Server Version 11. Since it there are controls for stopping and starting the service, which you will need to do, it will need to be run as administrator. Instead of clicking on it directly in the Start menu, right click and choose Run as Administrator.

The field at the top is the one that needs to be updated: Location of the PowerChurch Plus executable. Click the ellipsis (...) button and browse to the network location of the PCPLUS## folder on the NAS.

Once you have made that change, click Save, then ciick Stop in Service Control, then click Start.

knaptihuved

Post by knaptihuved »

I did exactly what you said to do and the server starts fine, but I still get the error message when launching the kiosk.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

knaptihuved wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:38 am
I did exactly what you said to do and the server starts fine, but I still get the error message when launching the kiosk.
Have you tried installing the kiosk software on the computer running the server to see if that error happens there. If not, then I suspect it may be something blocking the kiosk from accessing the server over the network.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

knaptihuved

Post by knaptihuved »

Yes I tried the kiosk on the same computer same error.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It sounds like the next step will be to give us a call at (800) 486-1800 when you have access to PowerChurch. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.