Cannot Locate Server

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RLM

Cannot Locate Server

Post by RLM »

I am attempting to set-up Check-In and when I run PCkiosk from the client laptop I cannot find the Server when prompted. Permissions have been set up between the Server & the laptop as well as a mapped drive established. Does someone have a screen-clip of what the path should look like or offer another suggestion of something that I may have missed in naming the path for the server?

On the technical side of it: I have an ASA / Switch / Server configuration. Could the ASA be the issue for an internally networked configuration?
In Him,

RLM

NeilZ

Re: Cannot Locate Server

Post by NeilZ »

RLM wrote:I am attempting to set-up Check-In and when I run PCkiosk from the client laptop I cannot find the Server when prompted. Permissions have been set up between the Server & the laptop as well as a mapped drive established. Does someone have a screen-clip of what the path should look like or offer another suggestion of something that I may have missed in naming the path for the server?

On the technical side of it: I have an ASA / Switch / Server configuration. Could the ASA be the issue for an internally networked configuration?
On the client, what are you using for the Server name ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RLM

Post by RLM »

NsFCC-SERVER1
In Him,

RLM

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RLM wrote:NsFCC-SERVER1
I've had good response using the computer's network IP address. Also, make sure that any firewall on the server is not blocking the required port.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RLM

Post by RLM »

You were correct on the firewall .... I missed a step. I disabled it on the client side, but not the server. I have connectivity. Thanks Neil!

Richard . . .
In Him,

RLM