Confusing check-in entries

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

faithbaptist

Confusing check-in entries

Post by faithbaptist »

I have two people who are sisters. I have entered them permanently to two different activities. When you go to check in person A - you also find person B listed under their name and vice versa.

I have deleted them both from their various activities and re-added them. When I go to the check-in kiosk and bring up their name - you can still see their sibling also listed. This does not seem to occur for anyone else in their family or for anyone else in our system.

What am I missing?

NeilZ

Re: Confusing check-in entries

Post by NeilZ »

faithbaptist wrote:I have two people who are sisters. I have entered them permanently to two different activities. When you go to check in person A - you also find person B listed under their name and vice versa.

I have deleted them both from their various activities and re-added them. When I go to the check-in kiosk and bring up their name - you can still see their sibling also listed. This does not seem to occur for anyone else in their family or for anyone else in our system.

What am I missing?
I'm going to first ask if you'd done a re-index of the database lately ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

The way check in currently works.
Step 1, select a person that is bringing a child.
Step 2, select the child or children in the family

What you described is normal for sisters.
Tracy

faithbaptist

Post by faithbaptist »

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I am not explaining it clearly. When I bring up Jane Smith by typing in Smith and Jane - I see not only her activity of Nursery but I also see Sara Smith and her activity of Kids Club. I specifically only brought up one individual, not the whole Smith family. I don't think I should see another person appear with that record as well.

The two are sisters - but have other siblings in our church who are not appearing when you do the above mentioned process. For example, they have another sister Sally and we don't see her activity check-in when you specifically type in Smith, Jane.

faithbaptist

Post by faithbaptist »

NeilZ wrote:
faithbaptist wrote:I have two people who are sisters. I have entered them permanently to two different activities. When you go to check in person A - you also find person B listed under their name and vice versa.

What am I missing?
I'm going to first ask if you'd done a re-index of the database lately ??
I reindexed today. It did nothing to help the situation.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

faithbaptist wrote:The two are sisters - but have other siblings in our church who are not appearing when you do the above mentioned process. For example, they have another sister Sally and we don't see her activity check-in when you specifically type in Smith, Jane.
So you are saying if you search for Sally Smith, you only see Sally Smith in the list?
Sally, Jane, and Sara are all in the same family seen in the Integrated Data Entry screen?
Tracy

faithbaptist

Post by faithbaptist »

Tracy wrote:
faithbaptist wrote:The two are sisters - but have other siblings in our church who are not appearing when you do the above mentioned process. For example, they have another sister Sally and we don't see her activity check-in when you specifically type in Smith, Jane.
So you are saying if you search for Sally Smith, you only see Sally Smith in the list?
Sally, Jane, and Sara are all in the same family seen in the Integrated Data Entry screen?
I have all my staff checkin when they serve. So Jane Smith goes up to the checkin station - types "Smith" for last name and "Jane" for first name. When the software brings up her record you can see the activities available for which she can sign in. BUT you also see her sister's name (Sara Smith) and Sara's activity options. I should think that you should not see another person's checkin options because I specifically requested only Jane Smith. Had I selected the whole Smith family that would be a different story. The odd part is that both Jane and Sara appear on each other's records out of the whole family - just those two.

Sally, Jane and Sara are all in the same family as seen in the Integrated Data Entry Screen - but as far as checkin is concerned it seems that their records appear in places they shouldn't.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The check in system groups everyone by household. If Jane's sister lives with her in the same family/household record in PowerChurch, you will see them grouped together.

The prompt where she types her name is asking for the name of the parent/guardian dropping off the child, not the name of the child being dropped off.