Event Name Tags in Check In

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lmconn

Event Name Tags in Check In

Post by lmconn »

Do event name tags print the allergies? I had us setup to checkin to VBS tonight, so that when kids are separated from their parents they would have allergy info with them, but it doesn't seem to print the allergy info on the event name tags. I've had no problem with the class name tags printing allergies. I'm about to switch it from an event to an activity, but just wondering if I'm missing something.
Last edited by lmconn on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmconn

Re: Event Name Tags in Check In

Post by lmconn »

Actually, let me follow that up with a question. Can you track or report the attendance of an event? I guess if not, then I would need to setup an activity for it anyway, so that I can track attendance?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

lmconn wrote:Actually, let me follow that up with a question. Can you track or report the attendance of an event? I guess if not, then I would need to setup an activity for it anyway, so that I can track attendance?
If I remember right, in order to track an event, you would have to assign an activity to it. That said, its better to use an activity for such check-in for attendance tracking.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

You probably already figured this out, but for someone in the future, in the activity setup there is an option to print Allergy information on the name tag. That is probably has not been set on the VBS activity but has been set on the Sunday school class.

As far as the Event vs Activities. Either will record attendance of the check in. The biggest difference is that by using events you have more control when someone can check in. For example, if you set the VBS activity to "Always Available" for check in. Then VBS will be presented as a choice for check in at any time, 3 o'clock in the morning, Sunday Afternoons, etc. By setting to "Available as part of an Event" the check in station uses the time of the event and only presents the event for check in at appropriate times. I think it is a couple of hours before the event to an hour into the event. (I am doing that from memory so those are not the exact time frames)

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

The problem I had was that I did not setup VBS as an activity first. I just did a VBS "all-church" event, so that anyone could check-in. If the event is not tied specifically to an activity, will it record attendance?

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

No, it has to be tied to an activity to record attendance. The attendance area relies on that activity number so it knows what it is recording attendance for.