Pick-up by non family member

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kpm547

Pick-up by non family member

Post by kpm547 »

We have situations where the mother will drop off her child in the morning and then because she is working, have grandma or a friend come and pick up the child later. The grandma or friend do not attend the church and therefore are not in the system. How do I enable Check-in to allow this person to be approved at the time of check-in by the mother? Is there a way?

Up until now, we've been using the notes at the time of check-in, but the check-out seems kind of lax on the security. Should I be adding these people at check-in time to the database?

NeilZ

Re: Pick-up by non family member

Post by NeilZ »

kpm547 wrote:We have situations where the mother will drop off her child in the morning and then because she is working, have grandma or a friend come and pick up the child later. The grandma or friend do not attend the church and therefore are not in the system. How do I enable Check-in to allow this person to be approved at the time of check-in by the mother? Is there a way?

Up until now, we've been using the notes at the time of check-in, but the check-out seems kind of lax on the security. Should I be adding these people at check-in time to the database?
I would add the grandma or friend under the family with a personal profile of visitor, in this way they are in the system. You could use one of the note fields to add the date and who authorized them for pickup. I would make sure that the person who is doing the pickup has been authorized by the parents in writing. This protects the church, as well as the child.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

breadoflife

Post by breadoflife »

NeilZ wrote:
kpm547 wrote:We have situations where the mother will drop off her child in the morning and then because she is working, have grandma or a friend come and pick up the child later. The grandma or friend do not attend the church and therefore are not in the system. How do I enable Check-in to allow this person to be approved at the time of check-in by the mother? Is there a way?

I would add the grandma or friend under the family with a personal profile of visitor, in this way they are in the system. You could use one of the note fields to add the date and who authorized them for pickup. I would make sure that the person who is doing the pickup has been authorized by the parents in writing. This protects the church, as well as the child.
I would second the original poster's request. Adding the personal profile to the existing family really messes up the database when you are doing mailing and also directories. Could a future enhancement have a field for "authorized pickup" persons?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

breadoflife wrote:
I would second the original poster's request. Adding the personal profile to the existing family really messes up the database when you are doing mailing and also directories. Could a future enhancement have a field for "authorized pickup" persons?
Not sure what you mean when you say it messes up mailings and directories.

If they're listed as a visitor (or if you create a special profile status of "child pick up" or something like that) they are easily eliminated from the results of any directory as you would not select that profile status to be included.

As far as mailings, its the same thing, the only mailing address that you would use is the main family mailing profile.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.