Kiosk Connection Troubles

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

karamellow1

Kiosk Connection Troubles

Post by karamellow1 »

I just downloaded the Kiosk on another system at our church so we can use it for adult check-ins for our Wednesday night classes that start tomorrow. Everything went swimmingly until I went to open the Kiosk and got the message "The connection to the server responded with: Forbidden." I restarted the computer (because we all know that's the first thing you're always told to do) and still got the same message. EEEEK! Help! :shock:

NeilZ

Re: Kiosk Connection Troubles

Post by NeilZ »

karamellow1 wrote:I just downloaded the Kiosk on another system at our church so we can use it for adult check-ins for our Wednesday night classes that start tomorrow. Everything went swimmingly until I went to open the Kiosk and got the message "The connection to the server responded with: Forbidden." I restarted the computer (because we all know that's the first thing you're always told to do) and still got the same message. EEEEK! Help! :shock:
A few questions:

1. This other computer is on the network correct, can you access the Powerchurch shared drive?
2. The computer being used as a server, does it have a third party firewall installed?

You may have a firewall, either on the server computer or the new computer that is not setup to allow access by other computers on the network.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

You get the Forbidden response when the server code entered is incorrect. If you have the original e-mail that was sent out when your Check In account was set up, copy and paste the server code from that e-mail into the Kiosk Setup screen.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:You get the Forbidden response when the server code entered is incorrect. If you have the original e-mail that was sent out when your Check In account was set up, copy and paste the server code from that e-mail into the Kiosk Setup screen.
Aha .. this is a PCPlus ONLINE issue ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.