Sunday School Check-In / Attendance (The Long Version)

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lmconn

Sunday School Check-In / Attendance (The Long Version)

Post by lmconn »

Long story... we're using Checkin during our Sunday School hour to register attendance for all ages/classes. Our people have done great transitioning over to the computer, but we're having some issues in the office getting a very accurate count. We're making some changes to how we do things to eliminate some of those problems, but here are some issues we're having with PowerChurch. Input is greatly appreciated.

1. If someone is accidentally checked in, how do we fix that? I can't delete checkins (or can I?). If I delete the attendance record in PowerChurch, they still print as "checked in" in the Checkin Report (from the Classes page).

2. If I move an attendee in the checkin module, it does not reflect in the attendance record in PowerChurch. For example, I have a lady who is under our "Staff Class," but once a month works in the nursery. This past Sunday, after she checked in, I went into Classes and moved her to nursery. When I go into PowerChurch and view her attendance, it still shows her as present in the staff class. We can work around this, but I was just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work.

3. Because of the two issues, we have discrepancies between two reports that we run for our total attendance. If we print from the Checkin Program, under Classes, Print Report, Check In Roster; then we have people who accidentally were checked in, but the people we moved to others classes are accurate. If we print from the PowerChurch program (membership module, attendance reports, activity statistics), then we can manually delete accidental checkins, but people who were moved in the Checkin program do not reflect on this report.

Overall, the reports are the most confusing thing we've run into. We're trying to be consistent with how we check people in, keep them in certain classes, and then print reports at the end. Just need some insight as to how checkin creates records for attendance.

lmconn

Re: Sunday School Check-In / Attendance (The Long Version)

Post by lmconn »

Any ideas on these? Tech Support?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Sunday School Check-In / Attendance (The Long Version)

Post by Zorak »

There is not currently a way to undo a check in or check out. As for the attendance, you are correct, moving someone to a different activity does not change the existing attendance data in PowerChurch.

We will get these written up and see if they can be added and fixed in a Maintenance Release.