Dymo Printer Issues - WEEKLY

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

karamellow1

Dymo Printer Issues - WEEKLY

Post by karamellow1 »

Weekly we have issues with our printer not printing tags. The only solution we have found is to unplug the printer... sometimes multiple times, and restart the computer. Even then it doesn't always fix it. Then we pray really hard until it starts working again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Certainly there has to be a better option!

NeilZ

Re: Dymo Printer Issues - WEEKLY

Post by NeilZ »

karamellow1 wrote:Weekly we have issues with our printer not printing tags. The only solution we have found is to unplug the printer... sometimes multiple times, and restart the computer. Even then it doesn't always fix it. Then we pray really hard until it starts working again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Certainly there has to be a better option!
A few questions:

1. What version of Powerchurch are you using, is Check-in at the most recent MR ??
2. What version of WIndows is the computer running?
3. Do you have the latest Dymo printer drivers for that version of Windows?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

karamellow1

Post by karamellow1 »

I'm sorry, what is MR?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

karamellow1 wrote:I'm sorry, what is MR?
Maintenance Release ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

We sometimes have a problem printing tags, but we're printing from a very old XP computer to a networked Dymo printer. I think we're encountering hardware and network issues, rather than a printer issue.

So, my question would be, what are the specs of your computer and is the printer plugged directly into it?

karamellow1

Post by karamellow1 »

We're using a brand new system that's running Windows 8, and the printer is connected directly to the computer. I'll have to check the Maintenance release.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

I've never had a printing problem with one of my newer computers, so this might warrant a call to tech support. You shouldn't be having those kinds of issues. I would probably try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, and verifying all the setup options are correct.