Checking in children of divorced parents

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

denniston

Checking in children of divorced parents

Post by denniston »

We have several families that attend our church who are divorced. Is there any way in the check in system to connect children to more than one family? Often times custody issues are tender topics, especially with non custodial parents. Regardless if there is primary or shared custody, telling one of the parents they have to check their child in as a "Non Family Member" is not delicate at best.

Are there any options to either connect them to more than one family, or 2 change the language in the program?

Thanks

Jason
Jason Denniston
Connections pastor
New Hope Wesleyan Church
http://www.newhopalive.org

NeilZ

Re: Checking in children of divorced parents

Post by NeilZ »

denniston wrote:We have several families that attend our church who are divorced. Is there any way in the check in system to connect children to more than one family? Often times custody issues are tender topics, especially with non custodial parents. Regardless if there is primary or shared custody, telling one of the parents they have to check their child in as a "Non Family Member" is not delicate at best.

Are there any options to either connect them to more than one family, or 2 change the language in the program?

Thanks

Jason
Um, I don't believe a way you can 'attach' one personal profile to two different mailing list records. Remember, check is uses the main Powerchurch database for its data. However, you can add a personal profile record under each parent. What I would do, however, is mark who has primary custody in the notes for the record.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

If one of the parents has primary custody, then you could leave the children under that parent. Then the "other" parent could just check them in by typing in the kids' name (instead of their name, or the other parents' name). It's still going to pull up the other family, but maybe by directing them to use the kid, it makes it less of a problem.

Or, move the kids to their own profile, absent of parents. That way when they get checked in, no parents show up in the family view.

I wouldn't make duplicate child profiles, as that would mess up the data.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

lmconn wrote: Or, move the kids to their own profile, absent of parents. That way when they get checked in, no parents show up in the family view.

I wouldn't make duplicate child profiles, as that would mess up the data.
I would think having the child under its own Mailing List Profile would cause more of an issue.

Entering the child's name would take care of that problem.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.