Teeny Tiny Barcodes!

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

karamellow1

Teeny Tiny Barcodes!

Post by karamellow1 »

It seems that all of the sudden check-in is printing very tiny barcodes on the children's name tags. So small that our scanners don't want to recognize them. Is there a setting to change the size? (I would like to thank Neil in advance for his help! :D )

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Teeny Tiny Barcodes!

Post by Zorak »

You can customize the labels using the Dymo software. It sounds like that might have happened somewhere along the way.

There are default label layouts included in the Check In server, by default located at C:\PowerChurch\PCServer11\DymoLabels\

They are all named "Default..." If you have a customized label set, you could replace the default name tag or parent label, whichever one you are seeing has the small bar code.

karamellow1

Post by karamellow1 »

I'm not seeing PCServer11 under PowerChurch. What I see is CheckIn11. There's no Dymo Labels. Is this because we use PC Online?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

In PowerChurch Online, you don't have the ability to customize the labels, so that's not it.

Sounds like you will need to give us a call and speak with someone in Technical Support about this. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday at (800) 486-1800.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Some additional information, with PowerChurch Online's Check In, all PowerChurch Online users share the same default label layouts. We just ran a test, checked in a couple of people and the Unitech MS320 bar code scanner that we sell was able to read them from a distance without any hesitation.

If something has happened to the bar code font that is installed on the kiosk computer, you can replace it by doing the following:

- In This PC, go to C:\Windows\Fonts
- Find and delete the "c128n.ttf" font file ("BC C128 Narrow")
- Download and install the PowerChurch Online Check In Kiosk software from the link below

http://www.mypowerchurch.com/checkin/CheckInSetup.exe

Reinstalling the Check In Kiosk software will replace the missing font, which will hopefully resolve the issue.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

karamellow1 wrote: (I would like to thank Neil in advance for his help! :D )
Heh .. my advice would have been the same as Zorak's, with Powerchurch Online, your fees include free tech support, so I would not hesitate to call them for assistance.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

karamellow1

Post by karamellow1 »

That seemed to fix it! Thank you so much! We have three special services this weekend with lots of visitors. Praying this solves our issues and check in/out goes smoothly!