Unable to connect to the Check In server

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

aragorn

Unable to connect to the Check In server

Post by aragorn »

I have Powerchurch Check In Kiosk installed on a PC that is able to communicate with the Powerchurch server. When I open Check In Kiosk, I first get this message" Unable to connect to the Check In server. Please make sure the server address is correct and that it is currently running."
Then I receive "You do not have access to this feature. Please contact the System Administrator".

What needs to be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Unable to connect to the Check In server

Post by NeilZ »

aragorn wrote:I have Powerchurch Check In Kiosk installed on a PC that is able to communicate with the Powerchurch server. When I open Check In Kiosk, I first get this message" Unable to connect to the Check In server. Please make sure the server address is correct and that it is currently running."
Then I receive "You do not have access to this feature. Please contact the System Administrator".

What needs to be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Just because your client computer can access the regular Powerchurch 'server' database,does not mean that it may be able to access the Powerchurch check-in server. They are actually two different things.

1. Is the Powerchurch check-in server running on the machine used as the regular Powerchurch server?
2. Are the settings setup properly on the 'client' ? Is it setup with the proper computer name?
3. Is the person trying to bring up the Check-in client, setup to use the Check-in client ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

red3recon

Post by red3recon »

I am having the same issue:

1. Is the Powerchurch check-in server running on the machine used as the regular Powerchurch server?

yes

2. Are the settings setup properly on the 'client' ? Is it setup with the proper computer name?

It wont even launch from the system running the "PowerChurch Server" service. When tried from a remote client I do not get the "You do not have access to this feature. Please contact the System Administrator" message.

3. Is the person trying to bring up the Check-in client, setup to use the Check-in client ??

Not sure what you mean, I never get to the screen to be able to select a username.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

red3recon wrote:I am having the same issue:

yes

It wont even launch from the system running the "PowerChurch Server" service. When tried from a remote client I do not get the "You do not have access to this feature. Please contact the System Administrator" message.
You should be able to launch it on the system with the server. If not, then that's another issue.
1. Check to make sure that the Check-In server is running on the computer used as the main Powerchurch Plus Server.
2. If you have a firewall program running, turn it off to test to see if its blocking the port used by Check-in
3. Have you updated the system with the latest Maintenance Releases for both PCPlus and Check-in??
4. I'm not sure what you are saying about the message. You DO or DO NOT see any message when you try to launch the program on a client??

Not sure what you mean, I never get to the screen to be able to select a username.
This is a User Permission that needs to be turned on for the user to access the Powerchurch Check-in client. You'll find this under the File -> Preferences -> Passwords & Permissions on the CHECKIN tab. This allows a user to access the Check-in program settings.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

red3recon

Post by red3recon »

NeilZ wrote: You should be able to launch it on the system with the server. If not, then that's another issue.
1. Check to make sure that the Check-In server is running on the computer used as the main Powerchurch Plus Server.
2. If you have a firewall program running, turn it off to test to see if its blocking the port used by Check-in
3. Have you updated the system with the latest Maintenance Releases for both PCPlus and Check-in??
4. I'm not sure what you are saying about the message. You DO or DO NOT see any message when you try to launch the program on a client??

This is a User Permission that needs to be turned on for the user to access the Powerchurch Check-in client. You'll find this under the File -> Preferences -> Passwords & Permissions on the CHECKIN tab. This allows a user to access the Check-in program settings.
Thanks for your help!

1. it is, and pcplus works fine and the "PowerCuurch Server" service is running and can be stopped and started using the pccheckin tool.

2. firewall is turned off for all zones but like i say, it wont even run on the server itself.

3. Yes, it was after this upgrade that the issue started. tried to uninstall and reinstall the last version server and client to no avail.

4. Yes, i get the error on both the server (when i launch the client on the server itself) and the client.

As for the user permissions, the program never launches so i never get to the place to select the username or input a password, but yes i have 6 names that we use for check-in.

thanks again!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

red3recon wrote:
Thanks for your help!

1. it is, and pcplus works fine and the "PowerCuurch Server" service is running and can be stopped and started using the pccheckin tool.
Well, that's half the battle
2. firewall is turned off for all zones but like i say, it wont even run on the server itself.
What version of Windows is the 'server' running?
3. Yes, it was after this upgrade that the issue started. tried to uninstall and reinstall the last version server and client to no avail.
OK ... the Check-In Maintenance Release date is 5/18/2015. While there are two separate links to the listed under the Check-In maintenance releases, I believe you only need the one for the SERVER since the system will now update the clients from the server. That change happened in 2013 or so. What I would do is reapply the Server update and try again. If that doesn't work, time to call support directly.
4. Yes, i get the error on both the server (when i launch the client on the server itself) and the client.
This is why I'm suspecting an issue with the MR installation. Reinstall the SERVER MR as recommended above.
As for the user permissions, the program never launches so i never get to the place to select the username or input a password, but yes i have 6 names that we use for check-in.
These permissions are set in PCPlus not in Check-In. Make sure they are set up correctly, you'll need someone with System Admin permission in PCPlus to verify this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

red3recon

Post by red3recon »

Thanks again Neil, I will give that a shot and let you know!