Barcode Scanner doesn't "ENTER" after scanning

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

twarnock

Barcode Scanner doesn't "ENTER" after scanning

Post by twarnock »

I've trying to configure the barcode scanner to work with an unattended checkin station. We're using PowerChurch Online and CheckIn. Everything works great the FIRST time I scan the barcode. But, on subsequent attempts to scan, it scans the barcode, but does not "press Enter". I've verified (by scanning into NotePad and making sure that the cursor moves to a new line) that a CR is being sent by the scannner. (And, again, it works correctly the first time.) If I exit CheckIn and restart it, it works again - one time. Suggestions?

NeilZ

Re: Barcode Scanner doesn't "ENTER" after scanning

Post by NeilZ »

twarnock wrote:I've trying to configure the barcode scanner to work with an unattended checkin station. We're using PowerChurch Online and CheckIn. Everything works great the FIRST time I scan the barcode. But, on subsequent attempts to scan, it scans the barcode, but does not "press Enter". I've verified (by scanning into NotePad and making sure that the cursor moves to a new line) that a CR is being sent by the scannner. (And, again, it works correctly the first time.) If I exit CheckIn and restart it, it works again - one time. Suggestions?
Some background info needed:

Version of Powerchurch ?? Are you on the Dec 2014 version of Check-IN ?? What operating system, WinXP/Vista/7/8 ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

twarnock

Post by twarnock »

December 2014 version of CheckIn. Just reinstalled (so I've tried it on 2 different computers - one with CheckIn installed for a year, and another with a fresh install.) Both machines are running Windows 8.1.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

twarnock wrote:December 2014 version of CheckIn. Just reinstalled (so I've tried it on 2 different computers - one with CheckIn installed for a year, and another with a fresh install.) Both machines are running Windows 8.1.
Hmm .. and the scanner returns the CR via notepad ?? I take it you're running Powerchurch 11.55 ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

twarnock

Post by twarnock »

I've verified the right version of PowerChurch online (11.55). Barcode scanner works in other apps (and consistently returns a CR in Notepad.) I've reinstalled CheckIn. I've tried it on two different machines. Same results. Both machines are running Windows 8.1.

I spoke with Tech Support. No real help. (They tried.)

The barcode number is 7 digits long on our cards, although longer numbers on other cards don't seem to help either.

Anybody? This is keeping up from moving forward with CheckIn on a wider scale!

Thanks -

Todd

twarnock

Post by twarnock »

Also, while I don't think it matters, this is a clone MS 320 - not an original MS320 from PowerChurch. I can't imaging it matters because it works just like the MS320. FYI.

twarnock

Post by twarnock »

Problem solved. I reset the scanner to factory defaults and then set it to <CR> + <LF>. I don't know why that's what it needs, but it works, and I'm leaving it :-).

Thanks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

twarnock wrote:Problem solved. I reset the scanner to factory defaults and then set it to <CR> + <LF>. I don't know why that's what it needs, but it works, and I'm leaving it :-).

Thanks.
Aha ... yeah, if I remember right, when I was writing programs for line printers, the CR & LF was required to move to the next line, as a CR just brought the carriage back to the beginning of the line, but the LF moved the paper up a line.

It became second nature, and is still the default requirement I guess.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.