using web browser

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bsbrown

using web browser

Post by bsbrown »

Supposed to implement check in on PC plus tomorrow. The question surfaced as to whether or not the web check interface on the server had been launched. I was under the impression that this feature was only available for online check in; however, in reading, I found the information shown below. Note the last sentence which makes it sound like a web browser can be used. If so, please explain how? Thanks.

"For PowerChurch Plus: The server or host computer, where PowerChurch Plus is installed runs the Check In Server software. This is installed as a Windows service, which starts automatically when you turn on the computer. Check In stations will run either the Check In Kiosk software or by accessing pages using a web browser."

NeilZ

Re: using web browser

Post by NeilZ »

bsbrown wrote:Supposed to implement check in on PC plus tomorrow. The question surfaced as to whether or not the web check interface on the server had been launched. I was under the impression that this feature was only available for online check in; however, in reading, I found the information shown below. Note the last sentence which makes it sound like a web browser can be used. If so, please explain how? Thanks.

"For PowerChurch Plus: The server or host computer, where PowerChurch Plus is installed runs the Check In Server software. This is installed as a Windows service, which starts automatically when you turn on the computer. Check In stations will run either the Check In Kiosk software or by accessing pages using a web browser."
First off.

1. You must have the Powerchurch Check-In program. This is an additional program that is not included with PCPlus.
2. This must then be installed on the computer where you have the main PCPlus database installed. This is usually the office computer.

Before I go any further, 1 & 2 must be accomplished.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Re: using web browser

Post by NeilZ »

Now ... I needed to check on how to setup the web browser system, and I find that its much easier to point you to the PCPlus Check-In help file as it has all the technical data needed.

Once you've installed PCPlus Check-In, you should have a new directory under the X:\Powerchurch\ directory (where X: is the drive you have Powerchurch installed). The PCServer11 directory should contain a file pckiosk11.chm, this is the help file. It also contains the installation and setup information, as well as the instructions for the Web Check-In. Double click on that file to bring up the help.

I suspect you may also have to tweak any firewall settings.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.