unable to connect to check in server after reinstall

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tbalding

unable to connect to check in server after reinstall

Post by tbalding »

Hi, we had to switch out the hard drive on our main computer that holds our main Powerchurch PCPlus115 database. I reinstalled Powerchurch and then copied the Powerchurch folder from the old hard drive to the new Powerchurch folder on the new drive rather than import backup files. Powerchurch opens fine and my data is there. Checkin, however, is not working. I reinstalled Checkin on the main computer from the disk, installed the MR, and made sure that port is open on windows firewall. (just like old hard drive was set up) Even added a rule for Powerchurch server for outbound and inbound for port 8727. (just like old hard drive)

We normally use check in from a laptop in the children's nursery through the network. It was working fine last Sunday before switching out the hard drives. From the laptop, I uninstalled the kiosk and server. Reinstalled and installed both MR. I can see the Powerchurch folder from the laptop through the network. I have the server pointing to the main PCPlus115 folder thru the drive and the server pointing to the server on the local laptop. When I click apply, I receive the message PCPlus11 executable not found (which I don't understand because my data is in PCPlus115). I close it and reopen and it does not allow me to start or stop server. Stays grayed out. When I launch the kiosk I receive unable to connect to the Check In server.

Main computer is Windows 7. The laptop is Windows 10 home.

Thanks for your help.
Trish

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: unable to connect to check in server after reinstall

Post by Zorak »

tbalding wrote:When I click apply, I receive the message PCPlus11 executable not found (which I don't understand because my data is in PCPlus115).
This means that the Maintenance Release for the Check In Server has not been installed. Visit http://www.powerchurch.com/mr to download it and install from that file.

tbalding

Post by tbalding »

That worked, I was able to start server. However, when I launch kiosk from lap top, I still cannot connect to the main database through the network. When I launch kiosk a pop up comes up that it's "updating local components". When that is finished I get the normal screen "Initializing connecting to server...." Then "unable to log in to the Check in server. Make sure the server is currently running". I have uninstalled and reinstalled & applied the MR several times and still same result. I am able to log into the main Powerchurch database from the laptop through the network. So I'm not sure what the issue is. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Trish

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tbalding wrote:That worked, I was able to start server. However, when I launch kiosk from lap top, I still cannot connect to the main database through the network. When I launch kiosk a pop up comes up that it's "updating local components". When that is finished I get the normal screen "Initializing connecting to server...." Then "unable to log in to the Check in server. Make sure the server is currently running". I have uninstalled and reinstalled & applied the MR several times and still same result. I am able to log into the main Powerchurch database from the laptop through the network. So I'm not sure what the issue is. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Trish
Check to make sure that the settings for the server in the Check-In setup match what the network name and port of the server are set for, then make sure that any firewall on the laptop allows the port to have in/outbound traffic.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

calvarymo

Post by calvarymo »

I'm getting the same message on just one of our laptop kiosks is getting the message. The other two are running fine. They've all had the maintenance release installed. I can get on powerchurch on this laptop but not the check-in. Even trying to open it directly from the server on this computer. I have made sure the firewall is completely off at this point as well as add powerchurch and the check-in as safe programs.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Give us a call in tech support and we will see if we can't track down the problem. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday at (800) 486-1800.