Medical Information Labels

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

piglit

Medical Information Labels

Post by piglit »

Is it possible to change the names of the headings AND have the information print on labels? We would like to change the name of "Condition" to "Call #" and tell the system to print this heading and information on the child's name tag. We would put the parent's cell phone number in this field so it will print on the child's name tag. This way if the parent is needed we have the phone number printed on the name tag.

NeilZ

Re: Medical Information Labels

Post by NeilZ »

piglit wrote:Is it possible to change the names of the headings AND have the information print on labels? We would like to change the name of "Condition" to "Call #" and tell the system to print this heading and information on the child's name tag. We would put the parent's cell phone number in this field so it will print on the child's name tag. This way if the parent is needed we have the phone number printed on the name tag.
You can edit the tags using the Dymo Label software found here: http://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/ ... up.8.6.exe

If you can follow this thread, it gives you some idea of what you should do to change the labels, as its a record of the trials I went through to adjust the labels for our use.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

emarino

Post by emarino »

This post is several years old and I wonder if since then there has been added a cell phone field to the child's label. Just about everyone has a cell phone these days, so we see no need for pagers, but we would want the cell number on the label.It looks like the label can be customized, but it also looks like this is not so easy to do.

emarino

Post by emarino »

I also want to vote for cell phones to print on the labels from data stored in the parent's record. Currently we are storing the number as a note and we have to ask for it every week. It slows down the check-in process and increases the chance of an error with critical information. I think there is a way to edit the Dymo softeware to accomplish this, but that's not something I want to tackle. Just about everyone has a cell phone and it would not be feasible for us to buy the quantity of pagers we would need. Our nursery workers like the check-in system quite a bit, but this would be a very popular and useful enhancement. In fact, Check In not having this capability almost swayed us to another system.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

emarino wrote:I also want to vote for cell phones to print on the labels from data stored in the parent's record. Currently we are storing the number as a note and we have to ask for it every week. It slows down the check-in process and increases the chance of an error with critical information. I think there is a way to edit the Dymo softeware to accomplish this, but that's not something I want to tackle. Just about everyone has a cell phone and it would not be feasible for us to buy the quantity of pagers we would need. Our nursery workers like the check-in system quite a bit, but this would be a very popular and useful enhancement. In fact, Check In not having this capability almost swayed us to another system.
FWIW .. it is VERY easy to customize the label using the Avery Label Software. That said, the pager section is used by many churches as they give a vibrating pager to the pick-up person, as many people forget to put their phone on vibrate, and the ring tones used can be very jarring during prayers or the sermon.

That said, you may want to write up this change to make the use of a cell phone number an option along with a pager, and send it to wishlist@powerchurch.com so it could be considered for any future updates of the Check-In program.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.