Check in does not check in the person

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bgottschalk

Check in does not check in the person

Post by bgottschalk »

When I check in a child with their parent or even just the child in a few cases, it never records them as "checked in". It shows in the class list as "attended".

I could swear when I took this over a few months ago it was reverse. It would check them in but not record attendance.

I use events to show Sunday school classes and then church services to show their related classes.

Any suggestions to get this doing check in and recording attendance?

NeilZ

Re: Check in does not check in the person

Post by NeilZ »

bgottschalk wrote:When I check in a child with their parent or even just the child in a few cases, it never records them as "checked in". It shows in the class list as "attended".

I could swear when I took this over a few months ago it was reverse. It would check them in but not record attendance.

I use events to show Sunday school classes and then church services to show their related classes.

Um ... do you want to include check-in & attendance?

These settings are set on the Activity setup under Membership -> Activities & Skills -> Setup -> Maintain Activities & Skills Descriptions. Find the activities in question, go to the Check-in tab, then check the proper check boxes as needed. The ones you want to make sure are checked, are the ones for Require Check-In to this activity from a manned check-in stationalong with allowing check in from self-serve stations if wished, the other one you want is Record attendance on Check-In.

Finally, on the General tab for the activity, make sure the check box for Record attendance for this activity is checked.

You need to verify the settings on all the activities you are using for check-in and attendance.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bgottschalk

Post by bgottschalk »

I will check Wednesday night and follow up here. I think I have those options checked but I will make sure before swearing to it.

Thank you for your help.

Bryan

bgottschalk

Post by bgottschalk »

NeilZ wrote:
bgottschalk wrote:When I check in a child with their parent or even just the child in a few cases, it never records them as "checked in". It shows in the class list as "attended".

Um ... do you want to include check-in & attendance?

These settings are set on the Activity setup under Membership -> Activities & Skills -> Setup -> Maintain Activities & Skills Descriptions. Find the activities in question, go to the Check-in tab, then check the proper check boxes as needed. The ones you want to make sure are checked, are the ones for Require Check-In to this activity from a manned check-in stationalong with allowing check in from self-serve stations if wished, the other one you want is Record attendance on Check-In.

Finally, on the General tab for the activity, make sure the check box for Record attendance for this activity is checked.

You need to verify the settings on all the activities you are using for check-in and attendance.

Does this help?
Thought I had posted a response but never got a response. I apparently never saved it here.

Here is what I see on the check in/class list window: https://preview.ibb.co/gtSUN5/Capture.png

I have all the parts checked mentioned above, is there something else?

I also noticed I can't move a child from one class to another and it show present/attended in both classes. Am I supposed to check them into each class?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bgottschalk wrote:
Thought I had posted a response but never got a response. I apparently never saved it here.

Here is what I see on the check in/class list window: https://preview.ibb.co/gtSUN5/Capture.png

I have all the parts checked mentioned above, is there something else?

I also noticed I can't move a child from one class to another and it show present/attended in both classes. Am I supposed to check them into each class?
By parts checked above, you mean you have all the settings correct in the Powerchurch Plus program?

You shouldn't move someone if they are in two separate classes, they should be setup as a MEMBER in each class, and yes, checked in each class.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bgottschalk

Post by bgottschalk »

Yes, all the items that are mentioned above to correct the problem I am seeing have been done but the problem still exist.

Is there a quick way to check the Sunday School kids into the church session class then? I would think it would try to reprint their badge if I check them in again. Does the security change when they check in the second time?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If an activity doesn't require check out, people don't "stay" checked in.

Take a look on the Maintain Activity/Skill Descriptions screen on the Check In tab and see if the activity requires check out. If you don't want parents to have to go through the check out process when picking up the children, then the software is working as designed, in just recording that the person attended that activity/event.

If check out was required, but the check out process was never completed, they would stay checked in forever.