check in issue

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bjsbrown65

check in issue

Post by bjsbrown65 »

I'm constantly caught up in disputes from the persons who operate the check in system and those that record sunday school attendance. The check in system is currently set up to record ss attendance and I want to turn off that feature and just use checkin as a security system. I know I have to remove check mark from the record attendance on check in. Is this all? What is confusing is where it says allow check in to this activity and require check out from this activity so if I turn off the record attendance what is it checking in to. Many thanks. :wall:

NeilZ

Re: check in issue

Post by NeilZ »

bjsbrown65 wrote:I'm constantly caught up in disputes from the persons who operate the check in system and those that record sunday school attendance. The check in system is currently set up to record ss attendance and I want to turn off that feature and just use checkin as a security system. I know I have to remove check mark from the record attendance on check in. Is this all? What is confusing is where it says allow check in to this activity and require check out from this activity so if I turn off the record attendance what is it checking in to. Many thanks. :wall:
If you turn off the record attendance, you're still checking in to the activity for the day, just not including that data in the attendance module.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bjsbrown65

Post by bjsbrown65 »

slightly confused - since all the activities are currently sunday school, what will it be checking into after the record attendance is stopped. Will there have to be other designated activities other than sunday school.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bjsbrown65 wrote:slightly confused - since all the activities are currently sunday school, what will it be checking into after the record attendance is stopped. Will there have to be other designated activities other than sunday school.
Not really, the activity is Sunday School. That is what they are checking in to, the ACTIVITY. Attendance is actually a separate module; while it is linked to an activity, they do not need to be connected for attendance taking for an activity to be used for check-in.

Test it out for yourself.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bjsbrown65

Post by bjsbrown65 »

thank you Neil. This clarifies the issue.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Just out of curiosity, what kinds of disputes are you getting between the check in people and the person recording attendance?