Compatible Barcode Scanners

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tcworship

Compatible Barcode Scanners

Post by tcworship »

(I hope there isn't a topic that already covers my question, but I haven't been able to find a clear example + solution in the forums.. so here goes!)

Is the advertised barcode scanner (Honeywell Voyager 1250G), the ONLY compatible scanner for use with the Check In system module? Does any one have success with any other model of scanner?

Reason I ask, is that we are planning on purchasing the Check In system module, and we already have a scanner from a previous system. Of course, we would prefer to use what we already have, rather than having to purchase another item. We have an XL-626A barcode scanner.

Thanks in advance for any responses! :)

NeilZ

Re: Compatible Barcode Scanners

Post by NeilZ »

tcworship wrote:(I hope there isn't a topic that already covers my question, but I haven't been able to find a clear example + solution in the forums.. so here goes!)

Is the advertised barcode scanner (Honeywell Voyager 1250G), the ONLY compatible scanner for use with the Check In system module? Does any one have success with any other model of scanner?

Reason I ask, is that we are planning on purchasing the Check In system module, and we already have a scanner from a previous system. Of course, we would prefer to use what we already have, rather than having to purchase another item. We have an XL-626A barcode scanner.

Thanks in advance for any responses! :)
I'm fairly sure that the system expects the scanner to read the EAN8 barcode system. That is a standard that the recommended scanner reads (among others), I suspect that other makes and models also can be set to scan that EAN8 code.

However, I suggest that you call Powerchurch directly on Monday to verify that. The reason Powerchurch recommends that scanner is that it has been tested with the system and it is known to work.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.