What's a good way to print name tags for Activity volunteers

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

What's a good way to print name tags for Activity volunteers

Post by John Dykema »

Note, just purchased Check In and used it two sundays.
They want name badges (tags) for each volunteer on sunday mornings in the nurseries.
I'm thinking the first step would be to make an activity 5200, lets say, and put all volunteers in that activity.
My question: is there a way in Check In (or PowerChurch Plus) to print these name tags?
Maybe it's easier to use MS Word to print Name Tags?

BTW, they would also use this activity code to email a reminder to the volunteers for the coming sunday.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: What's a good way to print name tags for Activity volunt

Post by Zorak »

You can set up a new activity for the volunteers. On the Maintain Activity & Skill Descriptions screen, click on the Check In tab and choose Always Available, then check the Print Name Badge box.

That will make your volunteers' activity always available to check in and a name badge label will print for them when they check in.

If you wanted to record attendance for those serving as volunteers, you can check the Record Attendance on Check In box as well.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks Zorak. That works fine.
As I mentioned before, we want to send email reminders to next sunday's volunteers. We have more than 20 set up in that Activity code of Nursery Volunteers.
As you can guess I want to be able to pick and choose a few people to get the email. I seem to think I've seen where I can send email to a group, select the activity, but then do check marks on the ones I only really want the email to go to. Today I cannot locate that option. Any advice on that? John

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I don't see a way to pick and choose people to e-mail in Activities. The only place I can think of that shows you a list and lets you choose which people to e-mail would be when e-mailing a report, you can choose to select from a list of Personal Profiles.

Another possibility is if you are using the Events Calendar to track your services, you could assign tasks to the specific volunteers you expect to serve in each service, then use the E-mail Task Reminders functionality in Events to send those e-mails for you.