Check-In message: 'no users have been given access'

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kmon00

Check-In message: 'no users have been given access'

Post by kmon00 »

Check-In gives a message: 'no users have been given access to the check-in module'. Cannot switch to a different user. Cannot get out of self-serve mode.

NeilZ

Re: Check-In message: 'no users have been given access'

Post by NeilZ »

kmon00 wrote:Check-In gives a message: 'no users have been given access to the check-in module'. Cannot switch to a different user. Cannot get out of self-serve mode.
Did you follow the directions when setting up Check-In? I'm fairly sure that it states that you have to grant permissions to use check-in from the main Powerchurch program. Head to Files -> Preferences -> Passwords & Permissions and grant access to those users who will be using the check-in computer, note you do have levels of permissions so that you can setup users to just access a 'manned' station and just check in people, you can then allow them to 'add/update family information', and 'permanently add the person to an activity'. Finally, you can grant check-in admin permissions.

Even if you are only going to use Self-Serve kiosks for users to sign themselves in, you still need to grant at least ONE person Check-in Admin permissions so they can start the program at the 'kiosk' for self-check-in.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kmon00

Post by kmon00 »

Hi, Neil, Thanks so much for the speedy reply. We have had our users already set up and able to log in with no problems for months. For some reason, this message just popped up this weekend for the first time ever. However, when we rebooted our server, PowerChurch functioned normally, with our usual users and options. I just wish we could know why it happened in the first place in case we ever encounter this again. Probably will never know . . .

On a separate note, do you ever hear about the class roster not printing correctly? Sometimes the report tries to print in the label format instead of a full page report, even though we ensure we are printing to the correct printer (and not to the label printer)?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kmon00 wrote:Hi, Neil, Thanks so much for the speedy reply. We have had our users already set up and able to log in with no problems for months. For some reason, this message just popped up this weekend for the first time ever. However, when we rebooted our server, PowerChurch functioned normally, with our usual users and options. I just wish we could know why it happened in the first place in case we ever encounter this again. Probably will never know . . .
It could be just a network glitch, someone accessing the permissions file at the same time, gremlins ... hard to tell with these types of issues, as they never seem to repeat themselves.
On a separate note, do you ever hear about the class roster not printing correctly? Sometimes the report tries to print in the label format instead of a full page report, even though we ensure we are printing to the correct printer (and not to the label printer)?
Are you talking about printing from the Check-In Kiosk? I've not heard that, but I'm guessing that the regular printer is not directly connected, but on the network. I'd print the class list from the regular Powerchurch program and see if that has the same issues if you can.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kmon00

Post by kmon00 »

Yes, the regular printer is networked. We have had to print reports from regular PowerChurch when this happens. But we would like our volunteers to be able to print from the check-in kiosks, which doesn't have access to our regular PowerChurch, just check-in, for security reasons.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kmon00 wrote:Yes, the regular printer is networked. We have had to print reports from regular PowerChurch when this happens. But we would like our volunteers to be able to print from the check-in kiosks, which doesn't have access to our regular PowerChurch, just check-in, for security reasons.
I'm fairly sure that a networked printer can be seen by the Kiosk, if the local computer user has access to those printers. I'll also flag this for the techs to review.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

kmon00 wrote:On a separate note, do you ever hear about the class roster not printing correctly? Sometimes the report tries to print in the label format instead of a full page report, even though we ensure we are printing to the correct printer (and not to the label printer)?
The reports in Check In work much like the reports in PowerChurch Plus. When you start up the kiosk, it asks Windows for the default printer and reports will print to that printer by default. The Dymo labels are always sent directly to the Dymo printer.

Windows 10 has a troublesome setting that reads "Let Windows manage my default printer". That will change the default printer to the one you print to most often. It may be different from one print job to the next. It is best to uncheck that option so you don't get surprises.

Otherwise, if you are choosing the right printer and the report still comes out on the wrong printer, that's really very strange and not something that has been reported before. I will pass this along to our developers to investigate this further to see if they can find anything in Check In's reporting system that would allow something like that to happen.

kmon00

Post by kmon00 »

Thanks for this information regarding Windows 10. We will take a look at our settings. Just to clarify, when we choose the regular printer to print reports, the report doesn't go to another printer. It actually just tries to print in the Dymo label printer's format, i.e. a label format - long, skinny column instead of a full page report. Have you heard of this before?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I haven't seen that before, but that is useful information and I will pass it along!