Connection to Server Question

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

columbusalumnaechapter

Connection to Server Question

Post by columbusalumnaechapter »

I resinstalled Powerchurch on new computers but when I open up the Check-In Kiosk, I receive an error that states "Unable to connect to the Check In server. Please make sure that the server address is correct and that it is currently running" :wall: Can you give me some possible solutions for this please?

NeilZ

Re: Connection to Server Question

Post by NeilZ »

columbusalumnaechapter wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:29 pm
I resinstalled Powerchurch on new computers but when I open up the Check-In Kiosk, I receive an error that states "Unable to connect to the Check In server. Please make sure that the server address is correct and that it is currently running" :wall: Can you give me some possible solutions for this please?
OK ... by reinstall, how did you do that? What version of Windows are these new computers running? Did you verify that the main Powerchurch computer, that is, the one with the database installed, has Powerchurch Check-In Server installed ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasalamel »

Are they on the same network as the server? Is that network set to the same privacy level? Is Network Discovery enabled on the new machines? Is an instance of Check-In Server running on the server machine?

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasalamel »

Also, it would be worth checking to see if the server is on the latest MR

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17645