Can't print labels

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

konicaguy

Can't print labels

Post by konicaguy »

Hey,

Just having an issue printing labels for our nursery check-in. Everything seems to be set up properly. We are using a Windows 7 pc and a dymo twin turbo printer. Any ideas? Also, when it asks for us to put in a pager #, it never shows up in the field on the screen.

Thanks,
Konicaguy

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Can't print labels

Post by Tracy »

Are you able to print to the Dymo printer through the standard label software? Do you see it dropping into the queue for the printer?

The missing pager number is a problem that has been reported. We are working on a maintenance release for that.
Tracy

konicaguy

Post by konicaguy »

I can print from the standard printer software. I don't see the labels dropping into the print queue from powerchurch.

Konicaguy

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

In the Kiosk settings, is the correct Dymo printer selected? Is a label set selected? Are you seeing any messages other than the checked in status?
Tracy

konicaguy

Post by konicaguy »

The Dymo printer orb is marked, but it doesn't show a model in the drop down box. According to what I read, if you only have one printer attached, it won't give you any options in that drop down menu. I am using the Dymo twin turbo 450. The label set is set to default and I am not getting any other messages after we hit okay to check the child in.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

There should be a printer name in the drop down, though, having only one printer, it would not allow you to select any other. Since you are not seeing any printer name, something did not install correctly with the Dymo setup. I recall reading documentation that 64bit OS's have this problem. The Dymo site should have an update of their software to 8.2. Install this. If the printer name does not show up after installing this, and restarting the Kiosk, give support a call, we'll get it resolved.
Tracy

konicaguy

Post by konicaguy »

Okay, the update of the printer to V 8.2 took care of it. Thanks for all of your help.

Brian