Web Check-in

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

scs376

Web Check-in

Post by scs376 »

Ok...back again.

I am trying to set up a computer running xp to be a check-in computer. I have tried doing the whole type servername:8727/checkin/admin in browser thing. Still nothing. Keep getting webpage can't be displayed. I believe I have the right server name (But there are two listed) one under set up of Check-in program says "Localhost". Then under the Server information, it says the name of my computer on the network for server name. Everything works fine on my computer but I cant seem to connect the other. I have installed the check-in program and server program. Any ideas?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Web Check-in

Post by Zorak »

Trying to access the server name "localhost" will not connect to a remote computer on the network.

The server name should be the computer's name as it appears in My Network Places or Network Neighborhood.

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Ya...I figured, so I tried using the computer name as the server name. Still nothing. just keeps popping up error. I'm just out of thoughts on this one...even tried using http:// in front to see but still nothing.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Try the IP address of the server at the workstation.
Tracy

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Still nothing...sorry. I am going to contact our tech guy for our church & see if it isn't a network issue somehow...thanks.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Since the IP of the server did not get a result, it sounds like the port is not open in the firewall on the server.
Tracy

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Ok...I have been able to ping the server computer but keep getting an error when I try to get to it from internet explorer.

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Turned off firewalls completely & got in. So what do I have not checked right for Windows 7?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

In the Advanced Settings, you need to add a new Rule for a Port on TCP of 8727.
I'll have a test on that later this afternoon.
Tracy

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Thank You....that got me in. Thought that was already set when I installed the program. I appreciate your help!