Customizing Labels

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lynnallan

Customizing Labels

Post by lynnallan »

I'd like to customize the labels. I created a new label. Opened the resulting .lwl file in the dymo software (version 8.2), but when I went to save it the only option was to save it as a .label file. Apparently the .lwl was from previous versions of the software.

Is there a work around for this?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Customizing Labels

Post by Tracy »

You'll need to download Version 7 of the Dymo software from their site.
This only needs to be installed on the workstation that will change the labels. It is not required where the printing actually happens.

If you happen to delete the lwl files from the server; The server is designed to self recover by putting the default formats back.
Tracy

Dave00147

Post by Dave00147 »

I had this problem too. You guys should really either update the manual or update the software. Anyone who buys this software and a new printer is going to run into this problem. For the benefit of others, here's a direct link to the older version of the software:
http://www.dymo.com/media/Software/WIN_DLS78.EXE

However, the old software ONLY works with the series 300 and 400 printers (which are no longer made).... So there's yet another workaround that's necessary:
http://dymo.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 06/kw/1706

I hope this saves the next person some trouble!

Dave
Last edited by Dave00147 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

We are in the process of updating this process.

DYMO has changed the format of the labels in the middle of our release.
They have finally gotten a control which we can use which works with both formats. That control is in the 8.2.1 release.

We have been dealing with how DYMO has released updates for us to manage and work. The MR of the Kiosk and Server that we are working on will address this issue.

You only need the OLD software to modify the LWL format of labels. It does NOT need to be installed on the kiosk workstations.
Tracy