Check-in Wishlist

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lynnallan

Check-in Wishlist

Post by lynnallan »

We rolled out the check-in system for our elementary students this week. Thought I should share my suggestions for developers to improve on what I think is a solid first whack at check-in

1. Self serve mode should start full screen by default. As it is now I have to log-in as an admin, maximize the screen, then log back out. I don't want self serve kiosks to run in a window, or let other have access to the start menu (Is there a command line option for this?)

2. When registering new families, there should be a place to put in allergies. Especially important with younger kids.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Check-in Wishlist

Post by Tracy »

We'll consider these suggestions.

1) There is no command line option for this.

2) On the minimum screen size, the space is tight on registration page. The size of the controls on the screen are setup and spaced for using a touch screen. However, the Check Out screen does go to the edge.
Tracy

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

YES, we need to be able to update allergie info from the family update screen, it the logical spot to do it rather than having to wait for the admin people to come and update it in the PowerChurch module.

Thanks

Matt Bohannon

Post by Matt Bohannon »

I agree. As the IT Administrator at the church I cannot be at the check in system every week to add allergies. It would seem logical to place the allergies at the update family member info screen and on the check in screen under assign the pager button.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Couldn't the list of allergies be entered by a staff member or volunteer through the normal Powerchurch membership module during while S.S. is in session, or the following Monday ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Matt Bohannon

Post by Matt Bohannon »

If you need the allergies to show up on the label that print so that the person caring for the child knows what the child can or cannot have then it needs to be entered at the time of entering the family in. I had a visiting family where the child had peanut and egg allergy. The mother wanted to be rest assured that her child was not going to be served any food with this. I had to go in powerchurch and enter this before I was to print the label at checkin. It would only make sense for volunteers to have the option to enter it on the check in module.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

This is a clear case. I'll see what can be done. It might be a button that opens another window specifically for data entry of the Allergy field.
Tracy

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

Wish - Multiple Printers
--------------------------------

With our checkin system we have two kiosks in the main foyer where we signin the infants and toddlers, they then bring the little ones to the counter where a label is awaiting them stickers and they are gone, works great. The problem comes when a parent checks theyer older children into that workstation it prints labels for them as well AT THE BABY STATION. I know I can turn off the printing for children group but I do actually want a printout for them to go to the other childrens church building where they are checkedin (I have two kiosks there as well set to another printer).

The Request...
I would like to have differant printers accosiated with differant classes so when a family checks in from ANY kiosk it will print the label in the right building. Unless there is a way I have not figured out a individual kiosk can only print to one location. In a networked environment it would be extreamly benifitial to be able to assign printers by class the child would attend rather than by computer checked in at.

If I am not clear please ask more questions and I will Clearify.

Thanks
Jeff

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

Request the ability to assign a permanent Pager number rather than having to put it in each time.

tomchicago

Post by tomchicago »

We are using an alpha display for network based paging - can be a number or just a short message to alert someone in the sanctuary. The pager assignment is only numeric - would be nice to have an option for entering alpha characters instead. An like the previous post - permit regulars to retain the same code.

rediz

Post by rediz »

Would it be possible to have the pager number listed in the check in details report. This will come in handy when a pager fails to be returned after the service. We would simply print a report and find our who had the pager so we can contact them for the return. It would also be helpful if during check out the pager is listed as a checkout item such as a bag.

hccdecatur

Post by hccdecatur »

I would like to add...we have a pager system for our Nursery & Toddler Ministries.

However, we do not have enough pagers. Our system allows for us to be able to attach a phone line to the system. However, even if we could use a phone connected pager system txt'ing cell phones...

My question:

Can it be added to view/edit mobile #'s? Also, can we have the ability to view the cell # as the pager # in Checkin?

Thanks!

rediz

Post by rediz »

Would it be possible for you to give a list of the most likely improvements and fixes for the next check-in release?

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zaina »

Suggestions are always welcome but the most useful are the ones that include real life examples of how a suggestion would benefit users.

Matt Bohannon

Post by Matt Bohannon »

When is a new maintenance release going to be available? Will that new release have a place for a user to enter allergy information in at the time of registration. It makes no sense to have an administrator do it the next day, and you should never allow a multiple users in your database.