Touch Screen Keyboard

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

konicaguy

Touch Screen Keyboard

Post by konicaguy »

Hello,
Our setup is both a manned and a self serve station. We only step in to help where needed. Our problem is the on-screen keyboard. After they enter their name or scan bar code tag, the next screen comes up to select the child and print bag tags. However, the on-screen keyboard is still right there in the middle of the screen, making it hard to select certain choices (child name/# of bag tags). Any fix for this? We are running a Windows 7 PC. I thought I heard there was also a fix for the pictures on the kiosk screen not showing up and not being able to enter pager numbers in the check-in, correct?

Thanks,
Brian

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Touch Screen Keyboard

Post by Tracy »

The pager number and pictures in the manned kiosk we know about. The on-screen keyboard we've not heard about. I'll be sure to get that investigated.
Tracy

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Are you using the Windows 7 keyboard? I do not have a suggestion for that, other than letting you know there is an option to use a keyboard in the kiosk. I don't see the behavior you explained with the Kiosk keyboard. I do see it with the Windows 7 keyboard.
Tracy

konicaguy

Post by konicaguy »

I am using the option in the Check-in kiosk. Maybe there is a setting in Windows 7 that I need to look at. I will investigate as well. When was the last update you performed? I just downloaded the one from 3/25. I will set it up and try again. If not, I will see if I can get you a screen shot.

Thanks,
Brian

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

An update for the Check In product has not been released.
Tracy

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

In the Kiosk in the Self-Serve mode, on the page where you are selecting who is being checked in. You'll be able to see in the bottom right the button labeled "Check In Non-Family Member". Log in to the Manned mode, and the Kiosk keyboard is floating on top of the grid.

The work around will be to Cancel (before or after getting that keyboard) until this is fixed.

I'll get this written up to be corrected in an update.
Tracy

Matt Bohannon

Post by Matt Bohannon »

The onscreen keyboard for PC, not Windows 7 is placed below the Last Name and partly covers the search box. Can the keyboard be defaulted to open up father down under the first name field. I am using a 19" Elo touchscreen monitor with the check in keyboard.

Matt

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Matt Bohannon wrote:The onscreen keyboard for PC, not Windows 7 is placed below the Last Name and partly covers the search box. Can the keyboard be defaulted to open up father down under the first name field. I am using a 19" Elo touchscreen monitor with the check in keyboard.

Matt
Quick question, have you tried adjusting the screen resolution ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

The keyboard is placed under the entry that has focus. It has a Tab character that will move the focus to the next entry point. This is a training thing that does not fit well with a Self serve kiosk setup. For the two lookup screens that show Last name and First name fields, I'll see if I can get the keyboard moved down.
Tracy

tomchicago

Post by tomchicago »

I'm setting up a check-in station with a 17" touchscreen and I pretty much immediately see why people are griping about the keyboard placement. Pretty frustrating if in the self check-in mode. It would be better I think if the overall window would maximize and the keyboard bias to the bottom - at least for many screens this would be workable. To me it seems more intuitive to touch on the field you want to fill in next than have only the 'training' mode for the keyboard where it shifts out the way if you TAB to the next field.
Any hopes of polishing this up?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Yes.

There is also the consideration we took for touchscreen netbook sized tablets. Thus the current configuration.
Tracy