Multiple Services

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

aherrmann

Multiple Services

Post by aherrmann »

We have two services that our kids can be checked in to on Sunday morning. The services are different (large and small group). We encourage the kids to attend both. Does anyone have an idea of how to check them into both services without it printing mulitple name tags?

Right now I have set up three activity codes and named them: 9:30, 11:00 and 9:30 and 11:00. When I run my attendance reports I then have to count the kids twice that were in 9:30 and 11:00.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Multiple Services

Post by Tracy »

Currently there isn't a specific way to do it. We are looking into changing this to print only one label per child.

Do the children stay in the same room, or is there possibly a need to have something for walking the children and notes to a second classroom and teacher?
Tracy

aherrmann

Post by aherrmann »

Yes, large group does break down into small groups in different classrooms. There is no need for notes to a second classroom. The children are walked to the teacher.

We are happy with the notes/allergies that are printed when the child checks in.

scs376

Post by scs376 »

We have 3 services. So I set up activities for: 8:30am only, 9:45am only, 11:15am only, 8:30am/9:45am, 9:45/11:15am, All services. A bit drawn out but if you ask the parents which services they will be there, it works just fine. I also added a special activity for those times when we have a combined service like on Easter. Hope this helps.

aherrmann

Post by aherrmann »

This is how I've got mine set up also. How do you do the headcount? Do you use the check-in system? Or is someone phyisically counting them?

scs376

Post by scs376 »

We let the system do check in for us. If you go to Class roster, it will show how man kids you have in each activity and how many were there. So say, its about 10 am & you want to know how many you have in class, you just count number of kids registered for 8:30/9:45am, 9:45 only, & 9:45/11:15am. That will tell you how many were in 9:45am service.
Now granted, we only do check in for Nursery - Preschool. For Elementary, I actually print out an attendance sheet for each small group, then scan them in later. Not sure If I am helping or just telling you what you already know.

aherrmann

Post by aherrmann »

Already know....

Unfortunately, when we do the report, I have to go back and count the kids from the 9:30 and 11:00 activity code twice. So a bit more extra time involved. I can't wait until PC is able to fix this.

hccdecatur

Post by hccdecatur »

We have the same issue here...we have 2 services, at present. I am going to print 1 report at the end of 1 service, we then go back to the system and check the kids out that leave after 1st service, then print the report again at the end of 2nd service.