Not Printing All Labels

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

aherrmann

Not Printing All Labels

Post by aherrmann »

We have had an ongoing random issue with labels not printing for the entire family. It has been happening once per Sunday, but this past Sunday it happened three times.

1 - Label printed for two out of four children in the same family.
2 - Label printed child's but not the parent's.
3 - Label printed parent's but not child's.

We had to check the family out and recheck them all back in. Needless to say, the parent had a frustrating look upon their face.

We also had something random happen this past Sunday as well: Child's label printed without a security code.

PowerChurch Technicians: Has anyone else had these issues?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Not Printing All Labels

Post by Tracy »

1 - Label printed for two out of four children in the same family.
  • You might see this if the Activity does not have "Print name badge" checked.
2 - Label printed child's but not the parent's.
  • You will see this if you have just added the family and checked the child in. This will behavior will be fixed in the next MR
3 - Label printed parent's but not child's.
  • You might see this when "Require check out from this activity" is checked, however the "Print name badge" is not checked.
If your settings were correct, I have not heard of these other two issues (1 & 3) before.
Tracy

aherrmann

Post by aherrmann »

1. Activity does have "print name badge" checked.
2. This was an existing family.
3. 'Require check out from this activity' is checked and 'print name badge' is checked.

Again, after checking them out, we were able to check them in and print the labels...all labels then printed.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

I am not sure where the problem, which prevented the labels from printing, occurred.
The process to print labels has changed in the up coming MR. It may be corrected already. After the MR, if the problem continues, please ask the attendants to note any messages that appear. There might also be a log file on the kiosk workstation and / or the server.
Tracy

hccdecatur

Post by hccdecatur »

We have seen this in random cases....
Of course, the issue of new families parents security badges is still a constant.

However, Sunday my preschool director came in and checked his kids in at 1 kiosk. Somehow, their youngest child's nametag did not print. So when he arrived to pick up that child, he of course showed his picture ID :D

It is very odd though, not sure if I can translate the frequency of when badges are not printed, but definately an issue nonetheless.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Any messages on the screen when the label does not print?
Tracy

hccdecatur

Post by hccdecatur »

Any messages on the screen when the label does not print?
Not that we have seen...Check-in simply elects or errors and does not print at random times. However, other than the already known problem of 1st time attenders not printing a parent label, this is not the same thing. However, I don't exactly know what it is. Seems very random on the symptoms we see...

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Since no messages have been displayed on the Kiosk. I'm suspecting it was a communication problem between the server/kiosk. This has been reworked in the coming Maintenance Release (MR). When checking someone in, one request to the server to get the information for all labels is requested, followed by the request for the labels. If there is a problem getting the labels, a message will be displayed on the Kiosk.
Tracy

hccdecatur

Post by hccdecatur »

Ok...gotta update...

Happened again...same family, the system did not generate a nametage for 1 of my preschool director's kids. Does not make sense...when the system drops a tag, I understand the beforementioned issue of no printing of parents tags for 1st time attenders profiles that have just been added...as an alread mentioned bug.

However, this has no trace, you receive no error message....simply 1 child out of 3 the system does not generate a nametag. I will say this time it was a different child in the family, however, still very odd.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Verify the Activity the child was checked into has the "Print name badge" check box selected. Do you have multiple activities with the same, or similar names?
Tracy

hccdecatur

Post by hccdecatur »

Just to update again....

On Wednesday the same family came in and I checked in the family....ironically all of the labels came out, including the 2 kids whose badges had not printed before...it tells me somewhere in the process on the 2 previous moments and the system made a mistake and did not print...all of that said, I am hoping that the MR fixes the issues at hand, at least the majority...

Thanks much for your hard work and am anxious to run the MR tomorrow :)