Check in & out

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

scs376

Check in & out

Post by scs376 »

Hi,
I know you guys have probably gotten a lot of "suggestions" but I have a couple more. Is it possible to have a split screen with Check-in & Check-out next to each other so you can do both at same time (As people come & go) without having to click on the go to button & switch back & forth.
Also, is there a way that each family or child could have button on a start page that you can click on & then choose what you want to check them into or out of? Similar to the icons you would see on smartphones these days. You, as a user, could filter the families you are looking for by typing a letter/name as you do now.
Oh, and one more thing, is there a way to put a box on the screen, as you check someone in, that you can you can click to not print labels for a person but be able to unclick it & print labels for others?
Ok, enough 'suggestion' today. :o Thanks for all you guys do.

Stacey

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Check in & out

Post by Tracy »

Is it possible to have a split screen with Check-in & Check-out next to each other so you can do both at same time (As people come & go) without having to click on the go to button & switch back & forth.
I don't understand this need. The design of the product is to allow tracking and get a count of attendance, with some security features. The thought process was the flow would be coming in or going out, not both directions at the same time.
Also, is there a way that each family or child could have button on a start page that you can click on & then choose what you want to check them into or out of? Similar to the icons you would see on smartphones these days. You, as a user, could filter the families you are looking for by typing a letter/name as you do now.
Since the design is to have a central server the Kiosk(s) connects to, the connections to a back end would make this slow to process. Think of it like browsing the internet, it can get bogged down and slow at times.
Oh, and one more thing, is there a way to put a box on the screen, as you check someone in, that you can you can click to not print labels for a person but be able to unclick it & print labels for others?
This may be an option, but I do not see why this behavior is needed. Could you expand on why?
Tracy

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

We have tried to make the check in process as stream lined as possible. You can configure by activity if labels should be printed for people in this class or not. What need do you have to print name badges for some people in one activity and not others? If you are printing name badges for an activity, wouldn't everyone in the activity need a name badge?

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Sorry for the delay, we have been out of town. I will try to explain the reasoning for each question:

The side by side check in: We have multiple services, you may have someone who was just there for 1st hour that is checking out while someone from 2nd Service is checking-in. It can be as easy as just having the checking out parent drop off their tag, but was wondering if there were other options.

Family Button: I understand that this option would not work in your system. Was just checking to see if it might.

Print label or not: There are times that someone may be checked into the wrong room/hour, it would be nice to be able to check them into the right room/hour without printing a new tag. Once again, not an always necessary option.

Overall, from the user side, I am just trying to get a complete picture of your check-in program and asking questions and doing feedback back & forth helps that process. I appreciate your willingness to answer these questions.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Print label or not: There are times that someone may be checked into the wrong room/hour, it would be nice to be able to check them into the right room/hour without printing a new tag. Once again, not an always necessary option.
The latest release of the Check-In system added a feature to move someone from one activity to another without changing their security codes. You can then re-print a name badge if needed.
The side by side check in: We have multiple services, you may have someone who was just there for 1st hour that is checking out while someone from 2nd Service is checking-in. It can be as easy as just having the checking out parent drop off their tag, but was wondering if there were other options.
The UI is already very tight on the screen without trying to add more options. We are trying to size things so they will work on 1024x768 touch screen monitors. For manned stations, it is only 2 clicks to change from check-in to check-out modes and back. The last release also adds a new sign out report that can be used as an offline check. Parents sign their children out on the report and the children can be checked out of system later.

scs376

Post by scs376 »

Ok, thanks for the updates!