Server Error

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

newdaycommunity

Server Error

Post by newdaycommunity »

I am getting this error: "Unable to connect to the Check In server. Please make sure the server address is correct and that it is currently running." My computer is networked to the computer that the server is on (the same computer that has PowerChurch Plus on it that I access without trouble." Do I need to make a network map for the server as well? Could the server not be set up correctly? I can't find in PC plus or the Check In Kiosk where to enter the file path for the PC server so I don't know where to check if that is right. Looking forward to hearing suggestions!
Thank you,
Tori Webb
New Day Community Church
Administrative Team

NeilZ

Re: Server Error

Post by NeilZ »

On the client setup help, there is this:

Check In Server Name. This field contains the name of the computer running the server Check In Server software. Refer to Server Name in the Configuring the Server topic.

Following the link to Server Name, there's this:

Server name. This displays the name of the server. A computer named "FRONTOFFICE" would be referenced by that name here.

So, you have to enter the Check-In client's setup area, and you have to be set as an ADMIN in the main Powerchurch Program under Preferences > Passwords > User Profiles > Other Modules
pw.jpg
Check the ADMIN task above, and you should then be able to access the Check-In Setup.
ci.jpg
Where I have localhost you should list the name of the computer that is used as the server.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.