Missing people using Bar-Code Scanning

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

calvarymo

Missing people using Bar-Code Scanning

Post by calvarymo »

I've just installed and am setting up the check-in system using a barcode scanner. So I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else.

I was playing around with it, while learning how it all works. I printed my own Sunday School class attendance form with the barcodes to use. In Power Church it worked great recording the attendance with the barcodes. Now I am trying to use it in the check-in system. My issue is, when using the barcodes to search in the last name box some work fine (such as my own, it will bring up mine and my husband's names) but some other names on the list (that worked in the attendance module) either don't bring up anyone with that last name or bring up other family members, but not the one I am needing for that class. I tried it with a children's class roster and it did the same thing. If I try typing in the names it also doesn't find them, but I know they are in the system. Am I missing something, somewhere?

calvarymo

Re: Missing people using Bar-Code Scanning

Post by calvarymo »

Ok after checking to see what personal status they have I noticed they were still at "none" (we're still fixing all of those from integrating data from old program), when I changed it to members then that family worked. However I checked the setup and have where any statuses including "none" can check in. Is there somewhere else I need to make sure it says that?

My other question is if a person is in multiple activities that can have check in (example, children's Sunday School Classes on Sundays and Awana classes on Wednesdays) how do you tell it which class. When I search for a name it brings it up but with only one activity, so nothing to choose from?

NeilZ

Re: Missing people using Bar-Code Scanning

Post by NeilZ »

calvarymo wrote:Ok after checking to see what personal status they have I noticed they were still at "none" (we're still fixing all of those from integrating data from old program), when I changed it to members then that family worked. However I checked the setup and have where any statuses including "none" can check in. Is there somewhere else I need to make sure it says that?

My other question is if a person is in multiple activities that can have check in (example, children's Sunday School Classes on Sundays and Awana classes on Wednesdays) how do you tell it which class. When I search for a name it brings it up but with only one activity, so nothing to choose from?
As far as part 1 of your question, this sounds like you've adjusting the correct settings. In my humble opinion however, there should never be anyone in the system with a personal profile status of none.

Part 2 may be an easier answer. Are all these other activities setup to use Check In on the Maintain Activity Description area of the Activities and Skills module ??
activ2.jpg
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.