Using PC-check-in for preschool ministry ??

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bookkeeper-sheila

Using PC-check-in for preschool ministry ??

Post by bookkeeper-sheila »

I've been reading posts in the membership module of PC and also the threads here in Check-in. Been wondering if our church should get Check-in when we upgrade to version 11 PC. But my summation of it all is that since PC doesn't track daily attendance, but weekly only (although you can track different classes or services with the skills/activities)...then this program won't work for our preschool ministry. Am I correct in my thinking?

The idea would be that we could automate daily classroom attendance, and merge the information with the church membership, to also use as an outreach to the unchurched families in our preschool (like inviting them to the children's ministry events or VBS).

Just curious...any ideas/thoughts??
Bookkeeper-Sheila
Switzerland Community Church

NeilZ

Re: Using PC-check-in for preschool ministry ??

Post by NeilZ »

bookkeeper-sheila wrote:I've been reading posts in the membership module of PC and also the threads here in Check-in. Been wondering if our church should get Check-in when we upgrade to version 11 PC. But my summation of it all is that since PC doesn't track daily attendance, but weekly only (although you can track different classes or services with the skills/activities)...then this program won't work for our preschool ministry. Am I correct in my thinking?

The idea would be that we could automate daily classroom attendance, and merge the information with the church membership, to also use as an outreach to the unchurched families in our preschool (like inviting them to the children's ministry events or VBS).

Just curious...any ideas/thoughts??
Where did you get the idea that Powerchurch can only track weekly attendance ?? While most places use it to track Sunday Worship, Small Groups and Sunday School, it can definitely be used as a daily attendance module.

We used Check-In for our VBS this past summer, and it worked great. It would DEFINITELY work for your pre-school check-in as you envision it, and it provides added security for the kids.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bookkeeper-sheila

Post by bookkeeper-sheila »

I guess I misunderstood some of the posts in the membership module forum. It seemed that there were issues tracking attendance daily.

I am glad it will track daily attendance, as I want to approach the preschool director with the check-in software, as well as present it to our children's ministry directors too. I really think it will solve a lot of our security concerns.

Does the check-in coincide with the background check info I've seen noted in version 11?
Bookkeeper-Sheila
Switzerland Community Church

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bookkeeper-sheila wrote:I guess I misunderstood some of the posts in the membership module forum. It seemed that there were issues tracking attendance daily.

I am glad it will track daily attendance, as I want to approach the preschool director with the check-in software, as well as present it to our children's ministry directors too. I really think it will solve a lot of our security concerns.

Does the check-in coincide with the background check info I've seen noted in version 11?
Not really, the background check info is something you use with church personnel. There's a firm that will do the checks for a fee, and their data integrates directly with Powerchurch, or you can have the checks done the way you do it now, and you can manually enter the date of the background check in the system.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.