Printing Tags

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jamiekidmin

Printing Tags

Post by jamiekidmin »

Hi. We recently began using the check-in system for our children's worship. I have made permanant tags which can be scanned weekly for regular attenders rather than printing tags each week. I had to unselect the "Print name badges" option in the Activity set up so it doesn't print a tag for everyone who checks in, but I was wondering if there was a way to print a tag for a visitor. I see the "reprint" option on the class roster screen, but am unable to use it unless the Activity is set to print all tags. Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Printing Tags

Post by Tracy »

The permanent tags would be for selecting the parent that is checking a child in.
The express checkout feature will only work with the barcodes printed on the name tags the day of the check in.
Tracy

jamiekidmin

Post by jamiekidmin »

Yes, I don't mind using the manual check-out rather than express with the permanent tags.

My question was more about is there a way to print out a single tag without having to print all of them. For example: If Susie Sunshine comes to CW for the first time and has no permanent tag yet, I'd like to be able to print a tag for her. As it seems now, I can only print tags if I have the Activity set up to print a tag for EVERYBODY who checks in.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

You are not missing anything. It currently is only possible to print name badges for everyone in the activity. Here is a workaround. You can create a temporary activity and add the people you need to print name badges for. You can then print the name badges for that activity. The barcodes on the name badge just identify the person and do not have any information about the activity.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Perhaps you could install the kiosk to the workstation a second time to another folder (i.e. c:\powerchurch\checkinvisitor). This would give you two configurations. One is configured to use the label printer, the other is not. You can customize the text at the top of the Kiosk to inform the current user which is currently running. This would work best if you were only working as a manned kiosk. Be mindful installing the kiosk a second time will change the desktop icon to point to the new install, unless you rename the desktop icon prior to installing.

Another option is to have two workstations. One is a self serve/manned kiosk that does not print labels, the other is a manned kiosk that does print labels.

As long as the settings of the kiosk are set to not have a label printer connected you should be fine to have the labels configured in the PowerChruch activity.
Tracy

jamiekidmin

Post by jamiekidmin »

Thank you for the ideas.

puregirl78

Post by puregirl78 »

I believe I have found an easier way to print an individual name tag at the time of check in if there is a visitor. I just use the Settings in the Kiosk and disable the printer when I am checking in regular attenders.
It is a easy as two clicks to get the printer on for a new person get a badge printed. Hope this helps