Networked Dymo

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

JeffBusse

Networked Dymo

Post by JeffBusse »

I can use my dymo in a networked environment without issue but the kiosk will not SEE the shared printer, has anyone figured out a way to do this? It would be nice to have a true tech manual that guys that like to get under the hood could use to fix things like this.

Thanks

Jeff

NeilZ

Re: Networked Dymo

Post by NeilZ »

JeffBusse wrote:I can use my dymo in a networked environment without issue but the kiosk will not SEE the shared printer, has anyone figured out a way to do this? It would be nice to have a true tech manual that guys that like to get under the hood could use to fix things like this.

Thanks

Jeff
I'm not sure you can use a networked Dymo in Powerchurch as it was designed for the workstation/kiosk to have one and print out labels as people check in. I bet you can probably see it in the list of printers if you select inkjet/laser printer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Do you have the latest Dymo software on the workstation which the Kiosk does not see it? The Kiosk has trouble seeing connected Dymo printers when older software is installed.

When we were beta testing the Kiosk, Dymo started to change the application programming interface (API). They went through 4 different file configurations, and depending on 32 bit/64 bit and Windows OS versions the configurations were different. The latest software seems to have settled on one common configuration across all Windows OS versions (XP, Vista, 7) releases.
Tracy

Matt Bohannon

Post by Matt Bohannon »

Jeff,

Were you able to resolve this? I am trying the same thing.

Matt
Twin City Baptist
www.twincitybaptist.org

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

yes But I had to completely remove everything especially the update dymo update from jan of this year. It now works through the network.

Matt Bohannon

Post by Matt Bohannon »

Ok, I am trying to understand this what you are saying. If I understand correctly, you removed all drivers from the main computer that has the printer attached and then what? Sorry, I don't get the whole issue.
Matt

JeffBusse

Post by JeffBusse »

Ok to get this to work I had to load the Dymo Software on the computer that would be running the PC CheckIn Software and plug the printer in and test it so it works. Once that happens the PC software sees the DLL it needs to recognise the Dymo.

Next Leave the software on that computer and add the printer to the compute that will be sharing the printer and do the same thing by adding the dymo software and the Labeler. Make sure you share it to your network.

Go back to the first computer ( the one you will be running ChekIn on ) and add the shared labelprinter to the available printers through windows. If all worked well you should be able to see the shared printer under setup in the checkin software.

ashleyjames222

Post by ashleyjames222 »

Thats a long procedure some one has any trick to resolve it easily

breadoflife

Post by breadoflife »

We were able to share our Dymo printer over the network. However, we have found that having too many kiosks (PC) connected to the same printer can really bog down the computer that the DYMO is actually connected two. We don't share a Dymo with more than 3 computers.