Attendance for Multiple Services

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dustinbrownman

Attendance for Multiple Services

Post by dustinbrownman »

We just purchased the PowerChurch Check In software to use for our Children's Ministry. Our church has multiple services on the weekends (Sat @ 6:30pm and Sun @ 9am & 11am). We need to be able to keep track of what service kids attend on the weekend (this is vital to recruiting and making sure we have enough volunteers at each service). From what I can tell, the attendance reports only track by day, unable to separate out attendance by check-in time or event. I thought about setting up multiple activities for each class (one for each service) but we have 10 different children's classes on the weekend, which means we'd have to have 30 separate activities/skills set up to accomodate out needs. And then, how does this work with absentee reports? Does anyone have any ideas of a way to make this work? Is there something you've done in your own church? Any ideas are welcome. Thank you very much!

candyt71

Re: Attendance for Multiple Services

Post by candyt71 »

We set up each service as separate check-in event in the event module. So, K-5 9:30, K-5 11am, K-5 5:30 and so on. This at least gives you an idea of who is coming when. When you run the report, each activity skill will be separated out by service time. I could email you a copy of what our report looks like if that would be helpful.

hccdecatur

Re: Attendance for Multiple Services

Post by hccdecatur »

I have struggled w/ this element as well. We have 2 services and presently we record their presence the day of, but not the specific service. The only hiccup we have is what to do when one of our kids stays through both services? So what we do is...

I print a report during our 1st service w/ the kids that are in attendance. After 1st Service concludes our team takes the tags that have been picked up and left for the day, and check them out. During the 2nd Service we print another report for our attendance purposes.

That being said, I wish there was an easier way to map attendance for multiple services...