Check In Difficulty

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tricia6769

Check In Difficulty

Post by tricia6769 »

I have set up all initial items to initiate check in. However, when I search for a child's name, click on it. It doesn't appear then on the screen where you actually check mark their name. So therefor I cannot check in bags, etc.
Is this a problem with the kiosk not interfacing with the database? Or have I not marked something accordingly?
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

tricia6769

Re: Check In Difficulty

Post by tricia6769 »

Check in is a great tool and we're excited to begin using it. Interestingly enough though, no one has responded to this post...but since posting my dilemma I learned that one has to click on the little wheels on the lower right hand corner to actually log in to the check in kiosk. One would think that would be in the book somewhere or in the tutorial or that a tech person would have responded to this post. I have been a pc+user for 18 years and this is disappointing.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

By default the check in kiosk starts in self service mode, you click on the settings button to change to a manned checkin station.

As far as your original issue, check to make sure the person has event that they can be checked into. You can check someone into an event 4 hours before the start of an event.

For example:
Johnny is a member of the 3rd grade Sunday school class
An event is created for Sunday school on Sunday mornings from 9 to 10am. The 3rd grade Sunday school class is associated with this event.
You will be able to check Johnny into this class from 4 to 10am.

tricia6769

Post by tricia6769 »

I set the station to manned station; still have to click on that to log in. Also, I made our classes to be available all the time, not just for certain events.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

You might also need to check to see what kind of stations are allowed for the activity. Does the activity allow self service stations? This can be found under maintain activity and skill descriptions.

tricia6769

Post by tricia6769 »

yes, that is what I did. I set each class and each activity to allow for a manned checkin station.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If the activity only allows manned check in stations and not self-serve stations, then you won't be able to check people in unless you are in manned mode.

tricia6769

Post by tricia6769 »

It will always be a manned station.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tricia6769 wrote:It will always be a manned station.
A manned station will always require someone to log in to the station. Once logged in, they can then start to check in attendees.

The "Check In" person will require a username and password, which is set in the main Powerchurch program to access the Check In.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tricia6769

Post by tricia6769 »

My posting was just stating that I felt PC+ didn't really state that clearly. I figured out that you have to log in by clicking on the icon on the lower right hand corner of the checkin kiosk. No where in either the tutotial, the PC+ book or the online help guide does it say that. I was just stating a fact. I no long needed any help with this but again, thank you for the posts.