Print Labels in Check-In

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

villagegreen

Print Labels in Check-In

Post by villagegreen »

Our church has decided not to use the powerchurch online and insted run our own server. Consequently this has created much more work for me. However, through lots of trial and error I have managed to get the check-in system up. :x

My problems are now as follows...

1/ How do you print labels in check-in? We would like to print the labels as soon as someone is checked in. I have managed to somewhate get the labels printing in the main powerchurch software using the laserwriter 450 printer. However, it's printing half labels. I cannot however for the life of me figure out where or how this is done in check-in. :wall:

2/ How do you check someone out?? Is there an option for this? If so where? :wall:

Thank you so much...Any help is much appreciated.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Print Labels in Check-In

Post by Tracy »

1/ How do you print labels in check-in?
The Dymo Software needs to be installed on the workstation. We have found the version needs to be 8.2.1 or higher. This installs the software required to see and print to the Dymo printer. You'll be able to see and select the Dymo printer as default in the Kiosk Setup screen. You'll also need to set up the Activities in PowerChurch Plus to allow printing of labels. Open the Maintain Activities and Skills screen and press F1. You'll find "Check In" information under that in the help that explains the settings on the page.
2/ How do you check someone out?? Is there an option for this? If so where?
After you've setup the Check In tab in the Activities and Skills Maintenance screen. You'll need to use the Kiosk in the Manned station mode. This gives a couple of options for checking people out. If the setting Barcode scanner is attached is on, you'll see Express Check Out as an option under the Go To button. This works with printing labels with the Dymo printer and having the Allow Express Check Out option set on in the Maintain Activities and Skills in PowerChurch Plus. A barcode is printed on the labels for quicker check out. The parent/adult returns with the label, it gets scanned. The children are brought up and any bags, if they were also set to print labels for them, and allows you to scan them all. It is possible a label could be lost, so there is an option to note that. Pressing F1 in the Kiosk will bring up the Help. The help is also available as a PDF.
Tracy