No first name shows up for check in!

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

shandrow123

No first name shows up for check in!

Post by shandrow123 »

We have rolled out the check in system for our kids areas. We have found that there a children that are not entered into existing families. Through the check in kiosk, we go in to update existing families and add the children. Then when we go to to enroll them into the activity to check them into kids church, the screen only lists their last name. We are able to fix it by going into power church and deleting the children and reentering them and THEN they show up and print correctly in Check In. This has to be done in the church office and is terribly inconvenient. Has anyone had the same issue? Any remedy?

NeilZ

Re: No first name shows up for check in!

Post by NeilZ »

shandrow123 wrote:We have rolled out the check in system for our kids areas. We have found that there a children that are not entered into existing families. Through the check in kiosk, we go in to update existing families and add the children. Then when we go to to enroll them into the activity to check them into kids church, the screen only lists their last name. We are able to fix it by going into power church and deleting the children and reentering them and THEN they show up and print correctly in Check In. This has to be done in the church office and is terribly inconvenient. Has anyone had the same issue? Any remedy?
A question first:

Are you on the latest Maintenance Release of Powerchurch and PC Check-in ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

shandrow123

Post by shandrow123 »

Not sure how to check that. Is it something that is downloaded at each kiosk or something done with Powerchurch?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

shandrow123 wrote:Not sure how to check that. Is it something that is downloaded at each kiosk or something done with Powerchurch?
Kiosks are now updated directly from the server.

To check in Powerchurch, open the program, then press the ALT + F1 keys, the About Powerchurch pop up appears with your registration information, on the second tab you should then see the date of the program. For 11.5, the date should be 09/26/2012.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the system with the Check-In installed right now, so I can't verify how to check, but (this is from memory .. which may be faulty) the Checkin folder under the Powerchurch directory should have an .EXE (I believe its kiosk.exe) with program date of 07/24/2012.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

shandrow123

Post by shandrow123 »

I spoke with a tech at Power Church today. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Should be corrected soon. Super glad to hear that!

Thanks for helping me.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Glad to hear that ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.