OneBody hosting - access to MySQL database?

OneBody Hosting is an add-on product available for PowerChurch Plus and PowerChurch Online. OneBody is a social network and online directory for your members.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wilri01

OneBody hosting - access to MySQL database?

Post by wilri01 »

Does a OneBody hosting account have access to its MySQL database? I like the demo, but I'd also like a trial account, or know the $120 fee could be refunded, to actually see how it works. I know there is a sync utility to PowerChurch, but I'm concerned we may down the road want some custom feature not provided that would require access to the database. We could always host OneBody ourselves, but it's worth $10/mo. not to have to have that burden.

I wrote a custom "Intranet" for our church we would be replacing with OneBody, so it's difficult to know if everything it does has an equivalent in OneBody. And the demo doesn't show an "admin" interface, or even allow certain features. For example, can we put a link in the group description? I'd like to link to a Google site for some groups that need a full website. The group "description" doesn't support HTML, and the "Other Notes" doesn't post until the group is approved, and there's no way to approve it.

NeilZ

Re: OneBody hosting - access to MySQL database?

Post by NeilZ »

wilri01 wrote: And the demo doesn't show an "admin" interface, or even allow certain features.
I was able to access the 'admin' dashboard. Its located through the admin link at the top of the page when you login using the demo admin userid.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wilri01

Post by wilri01 »

Thanks. I found it. I believe I came back after my login being timed out because it didn't show until I logged in again.

It appears the "Other Notes" doesn't show on the group page, and the "desc" doesn't allow HTML links. So how would one have a link to another site for a full Wiki/website for a group?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wilri01 wrote:Thanks. I found it. I believe I came back after my login being timed out because it didn't show until I logged in again.

It appears the "Other Notes" doesn't show on the group page, and the "desc" doesn't allow HTML links. So how would one have a link to another site for a full Wiki/website for a group?
Not sure ... I haven't played with it, but I would only use it as a link directly from my main website.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.